GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

door lock LED on...

upe_642

stupid MkV driver
Car(s)
audi TT, golf mk5
the door lock led (placed on the door trim) supposed to be flashing when the car is off right?

some times the LED of my car just turned on all the way...no matter the car is turned on or off..

and after several hours it will b back to normal again (flashing when the car is off and locked)..

its been the third time it acts like that...

=>is this something to complain about?or its just a normal-small thing which doesn't require any attention? thanks

CiaranGTI

Schwam, Doo, Doo and heif
dont bother contacting the dealership.... its just an odd anomaly in the car's ecu, if you manage to lock or unlock the car during an "on" pulse of the LED it will stay on. Just lock and unlock the car and it should return to normal.

davepraymond

en-Golfed
Car(s)
2007 R32
When mine did it, lock and unlock didn't fix it.

So then, I thought maybe starting the car would stop it. Didn't work either.

I had to drive it all the way home with the LED Flashing, like a demented KITT, in my peripheral vision.

In the manual, I thought I remember reading that it's supposed to mean the alarm had been tripped.

When i got it home, and locked it, it went back to normal.

It hasn't happened again.

upe_642

stupid MkV driver
Car(s)
audi TT, golf mk5
When mine did it, lock and unlock didn't fix it.

So then, I thought maybe starting the car would stop it. Didn't work either.

I had to drive it all the way home with the LED Flashing, like a demented KITT, in my peripheral vision.

In the manual, I thought I remember reading that it's supposed to mean the alarm had been tripped.

When i got it home, and locked it, it went back to normal.

It hasn't happened again.

almost the same with me..its just that i let the LED on overnight and when i get back to my car in the next morning, its been fixed by itself..hehe

another one is the central lock button..sometime the yellow lock light is just turned on and cannot turn off even if i unlock my car (it happens only once)

glad to hear that it doesn't mean any electrical problems..
thanks guys.

davepraymond

en-Golfed
Car(s)
2007 R32
My yellow lock light comes on, because I have Drive away locking enabled.

You may know, this means that once you hit 15km/h, the doors lock automatically.

But this means the engine is running and I'm doing 15km/h or greater.

Is this not when it happened for you?

upe_642

stupid MkV driver
Car(s)
audi TT, golf mk5
:biggrin:
My yellow lock light comes on, because I have Drive away locking enabled.

You may know, this means that once you hit 15km/h, the doors lock automatically.

But this means the engine is running and I'm doing 15km/h or greater.

Is this not when it happened for you?

no..its different..my yellow light was turned on either the car is lock or unlock..well it was only once..and my car does not do the auto lock like urs...:thumbdown:

btw how to activate the auto lock??:biggrin:

davepraymond

en-Golfed
Car(s)
2007 R32
If you bumped the lock switch when you got into it, that might have done it.

The dealer can activate the AutoLock, of if you have highline FIS, it's part of the Convenience Settings.

Jethro41

Volkswagenista!!
Car(s)
VW GOLF V GTI
Sorry for the thread f*ck but I just noticed Gretel's LED comes on solid for about 8-10 secs then goes back to 'normal' flashing...used to be that when I locked her with the remote the LED would flash half a dozen time real fast then start a regular blinking.

From reading this thread it sounds like there's not a lot to be concerned about, but I thought I'd throw it out there again to see if we have any updates...

Please consider.

Last edited: