GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: GROUP BUY - $3 Suckjobs Crafted By Riceburner; Must Have 23 People To Make Happen

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
yo
LOL!

I made it out of an amazon sit/stand kit and an ikea top.
maybe ~$250 total, works great! Aaaand I sit 90% of the time

Yeah. They're an Amazon\Zhong Zhong brand. To be fair, the base of the desk is great. But I'm unimpressed with the desk top. Hers is very thin, and feels very cheap. She doesn't actually care about the sit\stand aspect, but they wouldn't sell the legs\top separately for the one she wanted. She wanted a two-tier L shape top that was at least 24" deep. And the Fezibo was the only one we could find.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Scooty Puff Jr
just was singing white lines in the shop and a 20 year old tech was like wtf is white lines and i just went

its about cocaine
our SCCA RE is the girlfriend of my mechanic of choice, and apparently one evening he was in her garage working on his K-swap MR-S and absolutely fucking belting out Heart's Alone, and I have infinitely more respect for him following this news. Like, I wish I was that fucking confident that I'd sing along to anything at an audible level, much less a masterpiece like that.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Scooty Puff Jr
also I refuse to allow anyone to diagnose me/put a label on how I am. I just wanna enjoy being weird without all the shit that comes along with 'oh you're autistic/assburgers/neurodivergent', like motherfuckers just let me be. I'm having fun in life, I'm not hurting anybody, and I've got a pretty reasonable set of morals/ethics and try to not overly be a dick to people other than friendly ribbing.

messrock

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI DSG
Except we don't live in Germany.

I went ahead and configured the most expensive Golf R you can buy today and selected EVERY option. Total price for a fully, FULLY, FULLY loaded 20th Annivery DSG Golf R with a roof rack, a bike holder, snow board holder, two roof boxes, a kayak holder, the $200 dynamic mirror lights and the $200 dynamic center caps in both VW emblem and R emblem?

$51,706...including destination charge of $1,100.

So yes, 82k for a golf R is cuckoo bananas
But they can option Akrapovic exhaust for 3k. We just get all the shot you can buy to put a bike on your car, etc

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf SW 4mo
also I refuse to allow anyone to diagnose me/put a label on how I am. I just wanna enjoy being weird without all the shit that comes along with 'oh you're autistic/assburgers/neurodivergent', like motherfuckers just let me be. I'm having fun in life, I'm not hurting anybody, and I've got a pretty reasonable set of morals/ethics and try to not overly be a dick to people other than friendly ribbing.
dog im autistic as fuck lmao its not bad

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
Eh I feel like a good amount of the labeling is just an internet thing, I saw it popping up with Tumblr back 10 years ago now and I think TicTac is only making it worse. Ultimately at some level we all want to be accepted so if you take "slightly socially awkward but passionate about hobbies" and slap a label on it, all of a sudden there's a big ol group of people you can associate with.

Sometimes I'm thankful for the years of undiagnosed ADD because it forced me to ultrafocus dabble in a whole bunch of different hobbies. Ended up with a bunch of useless knowledge that comes in handy when you're a sportsball guy and then someone starts talking about their A/V hobby.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Scooty Puff Jr
dog im autistic as fuck lmao its not bad
Sorry, not trying to say that it's like a debilitating illness or something shameful, I just don't personally want to have any sort of labels on me. In my id, I'm just a regular-ass motherfucker going through life and trying shit out. I've had people tell me there's definitely something wrong with me, and that's fine, but I don't want a label on it because then I've got a tendency to get in my own head and that's the last thing I need.

Eh I feel like some of the labeling is just an internet thing, I saw it popping up with Tumblr back 10 years ago now and I think TicTac is only making it worse. Ultimately at some level we all want to be accepted so if you take "slightly socially awkward but passionate about hobbies" and slap a label on it, all of a sudden there's a big ol group of people you can associate with.

Sometimes I'm thankful for the years of undiagnosed ADD because it forced me to ultrafocus dabble in a whole bunch of different hobbies. Ended up with a bunch of useless knowledge that comes in handy when you're a sportsball guy and then someone starts talking about their A/V hobby.
I hate that some people seemingly make labels for shortcomings so they can frame it as a disorder that they can't improve on. Like, what's the picky eater one? Or a guy I worked with who was definitely autistic, but would haaaaaaaaaaardcore lean on that (unverified) diagnosis to be an asshole and then act like he couldn't ever try to improve, or anything like that. Like, I know there's shit wrong with me, but I'm not going to just stop trying to be better. It's like the mental/personality version of 'I'm not fat, it's just my body type' as a 400lb wildebeest fucking stuffs their gaping maw with fritos and salsa con queso (which for the record is a delicious combination but I digress)

e: I also have trouble with focusing, does that mean I have ADD? Co-opting shit people struggle with bothers the shit out of me too, so self-diagnosis is a big pet peeve, so I'm fine with it just being that I have difficulty with focusing on one thing. Hard agree though on the front that I've collected a lot of unusual knowledge/interesting hobbies over the years, and I think it's helped me appreciate people who have unconventional talents/fields of knowledge.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Eh I feel like a good amount of the labeling is just an internet thing, I saw it popping up with Tumblr back 10 years ago now and I think TicTac is only making it worse. Ultimately at some level we all want to be accepted so if you take "slightly socially awkward but passionate about hobbies" and slap a label on it, all of a sudden there's a big ol group of people you can associate with.

I am on board with this. It seems like the 99% of the talk about "neurodivergent" tendencies are all just part of the spectrum of normal human behavior, but people are desperate to identify as some sort of special group.

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
I am on board with this. It seems like the 99% of the talk about "neurodivergent" tendencies are all just part of the spectrum of normal human behavior, but people are desperate to identify as some sort of special group.

As with pretty much everything in the world I feel like there's got to be a little bit of balance - I think that having more discourse out there about things is good, maybe it triggers people to go ask their doctor some questions. But at the same time, watching 2374 vines about "if you do X you're deffo neurodivergent" and then deciding to make that your personality is silly.

I don't know if I would have ever thought about talking to my doc about ADD/ADHD if my GF hasn't taken a doctor-provided diagnosis test and then told me about it. I would have just continued to feel like a failure for being useless 80% of the time and hyperfocused for the other 20%, and wishing I could be more like the people who had no issue staying on task or getting home and taking care of things.

Gotta let the experts be the experts (as opposed to randos on social media being the experts)

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
There's so many levels of autism though. My sister is and she's going to be dependent forever. She's at like maybe a middle school level and she's 34. She can't think for herself at all. My parents let her buy a car last year and it's sat in the driveway ever since. It gets driven once in a while by mom or dad, but my sister will get very angry if you bring up the car and ask why she doesn't drive it. She has to be driven to work by my parents and she doesn't start working until 10-11am usually. Last week I overheard her saying something about not wanting to drive to work because she doesn't want one of our parents to have to drive her car home at the end of the day. Wtf makes you think someone is coming to pick you up if you drive yourself there? Just because they're home when you get off work? Drive yourself back to home.

Because of her autism my mom had connected with another lady that had an autistic kid when we were young. Now this ladies kid was severely autistic, I mean it had to be more than that, but autism was all I was told it was. He had the retard strength you hear about, that shit is real. I'm pretty sure he could overpower his mom at like 5-6 years old. Then he would have these fits where he would walk over to the coffee table and just bash his fucking head into it with everything he had. It was pretty violent.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
As with pretty much everything in the world I feel like there's got to be a little bit of balance - I think that having more discourse out there about things is good, maybe it triggers people to go ask their doctor some questions. But at the same time, watching 2374 vines about "if you do X you're deffo neurodivergent" and then deciding to make that your personality is silly.

I don't know if I would have ever thought about talking to my doc about ADD/ADHD if my GF hasn't taken a doctor-provided diagnosis test and then told me about it. I would have just continued to feel like a failure for being useless 80% of the time and hyperfocused for the other 20%, and wishing I could be more like the people who had no issue staying on task or getting home and taking care of things.

Gotta let the experts be the experts (as opposed to randos on social media being the experts)
Oh yeah, not intending to discount real disorders, but those ones that like "do you need to clean your desk area before you can focus on answering an email? #neurodivergent". Stupid.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Scooty Puff Jr
We haven't kept in touch all that much, but I had a good friend when I was younger who I guess was autistic? He was always weird, but we did car stuff together and it was a fun time, and then one day his parents tell me how they're so grateful that I'm friends with him despite his autism... cue the eye opening that oh wait, that explains a lot about his weird behavior and whatnot. I never really gave it any thought, he was just an odd dude who I liked to hang out with. That's kind of what I want as well, just to surround myself with people who like to hang with me without having any kind of observatory interest in dissecting my personality/mannerisms/whatever.

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf SW 4mo
our SCCA RE is the girlfriend of my mechanic of choice, and apparently one evening he was in her garage working on his K-swap MR-S and absolutely fucking belting out Heart's Alone, and I have infinitely more respect for him following this news. Like, I wish I was that fucking confident that I'd sing along to anything at an audible level, much less a masterpiece like that.
I don't fuck with people who can't do this when they're alone 😂😂😂

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
samesies. My dad told me that teachers back in the day used to tell my parents I was likely ADD and should be put on meds. They thought that was deplorable, I was a fucking KID. And doing pretty good overall.