GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
This is the funniest fuckin shit I've read all week. My brain immediately came up with a Seinfeld episode about this, made me laugh harder.
Mine went to Billy Madison

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
Putting a target on myself here. I don't enjoy live music in 99% of cases.

I don't enjoy live music when it's alongside thousands of other people.

When it's just a few hundred of us, I'm alive.

DangerDane2008

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GSW TDI DSG
I don't enjoy live music when it's alongside thousands of other people.

When it's just a few hundred of us, I'm alive.
Yep. Small-medium venue metal shows are my favorite experiences. I actively avoid any acts at amphitheaters or large venues unless it’s something I REALLY want to see. Rammstein and slayer’s last tour were really the only times I sincerely enjoyed a really big show. But put me at a show in the masquerade and I’m the happiest person on the planet.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
I enjoy music in its studio Recorded format. The occasional live album is ok but that's because it gets engineered.

Depends on the band.

Nofx has an album titled, “I heard they suck live.” Having seen them more than a dozen times, can confirm.

Face to Face sounds better live than on their album. Especially Big Choice.. that album is shite.

Then there are bands that sound exactly the same live as their albums. I couldn’t tell the difference when I saw Milli Vanilli.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
You want a real conspiracy theory @zrickety?

The Slayer album God Hates Us All can be stylized as "God Hates USA ll". Now, what does "ll" kind of look like? The twin towers.

When did that album come out?

Ready for your mind to be blown?

Ready?

September 11th, 2001....

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf SW 4mo
Then there are bands that sound exactly the same live as their albums. I couldn’t tell the difference when I saw Milli Vanilli.
same

Phur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2013 VW GTI Autobahn
I enjoy music in its studio Recorded format. The occasional live album is ok but that's because it gets engineered.
I agree that most live music is inferior. I have no interest in large venues or nosebleed seats. In the few shows we have gone to as adults, we have paid a lot more money for REALLY good seats and VIP passes. It makes a big difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.