GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2013 VW GTI Autobahn
Sort of. I make homemade bread and will eat it every day until it's gone, then skip a week or two of it. Factory bread bothers my stomach, but when I make real bread (no preservatives, let it ferment 18-24hrs), it sits just fine.

Edit: I also think this is what so many people think that they are "gluten sensitive", which isn't a real thing. The amount of salt, bleach and preservatives in factory bread will mess you up.
Don’t forget flip flops. “Factory bread contains one of the ingredients used in flip flop soles.” Yum? 🤨

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Sometimes the seller is the moron, sometimes it's us.

A couple of years ago I was talking to a guy in the NE (NH if i remember correctly) who wanted 35K for dark blue turbo 930. I stood firm at 32.5K, a price I thought was fair.

That car today is worth well over 100K.

Sometimes, I'm the moron.
At some time we're all morons just like that guy became when he finally sold the 930. I bought a brand new 1974 DeTomaso Pantera for $11,000 and sold it a year later for $13,000 and the Pantera ultimately reached $100,000 at the Barrett Jackson auction in Scottsdale, AZ.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Yeah. One time when I was still married my now ex wife were at a restaurant that didn't serve bread before the meal. Somewhat unusual. We would have invited the Greek friend had we known ahead of time.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
At some time we're all morons just like that guy became when he finally sold the 930. I bought a brand new 1974 DeTomaso Pantera for $11,000 and sold it a year later for $13,000 and the Pantera ultimately reached $100,000 at the Barrett Jackson auction in Scottsdale, AZ.
You had a pantera?!?!?!?!

Jim I knew you were cool I didn't know you were Pantera cool

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
Jim any pics of you with said car? We can fabricate one for you guys it's not the same

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
I'll check tomorrow. Lost most everything in a disgusting divorce.
I know only two guys that are divorced and not bitter/upset about how it went. In both cases, they agreed to no lawyers or courts and signed a binding arbitration. It was like tearing off a band-aid, a little painful but over quickly and everyone moved on. For all the younger guys in this thread, I hope you never get divorced, but if you marry, at least sign a prenup that just agrees to arbitration only, just in case.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I know only two guys that are divorced and not bitter/upset about how it went. In both cases, they agreed to no lawyers or courts and signed a binding arbitration. It was like tearing off a band-aid, a little painful but over quickly and everyone moved on. For all the younger guys in this thread, I hope you never get divorced, but if you marry, at least sign a prenup that just agrees to arbitration only, just in case.
In my case I bought the Pantera early in the marriage. I was around for 24 years old. It was the destruction of lots of personal property much later in life is where I lost pictures etc.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Don’t forget flip flops. “Factory bread contains one of the ingredients used in flip flop soles.” Yum? 🤨

This is the only source I could find for this claim...

1645671505529.png

Status
Not open for further replies.