GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cruise Control and engine limp mode

jagerauto

Hey guys, I'm trying to finish up my TDi swapped Gti. I'm having a random issue with low power. I've been logging all weekend, looking for a reason why. I noticed the cruise control wasn't working but shrugged it off as an issue to work out later... today I decided to see if it would work and it did! Behold the cruise control only works when the car is running like it should with full boost, Etc.

I further solidified this by turning the car off and back on again, which usually after it's been running good puts it into the limp mode. It did and the cruise no longer worked.

I had run across a code in the TPMS Module about, Vehicle Speed Sensor implausible signal. But based on the milage it looks like it was thrown prior to me starting to drive it. I cleared it and I will have to check again tomorrow.

But what would cause the cruise to not be functional? I need a list to run through. I can think of things like brake light switch, clutch switch, speed sensor, ABS issue.. maybe even the wrong bulb in one of the brake lights. Seen this in Mk4's cause brake switch codes...

Or am I just wasting my time and the reason the cruise doesn't work is due to whatever is wrong with the engine? Haha I hope it's not this, whine throws no codes, and everything looks fine!