GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Broke Brake pad Wear Sensor Connector

clarusmoof

Was doing break service on my MKV and when trying to disconnect the wire sensor I pulled a little too hard and pulled the connectors off of the wear sensor! Any suggestions on how to repair my mistake would be greatly appreciated!
86A6A9F9-2BA1-455E-A8DC-0CECC424671B.jpeg

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
So that appears to be the body side harness plug and not the pad side connector plug. You do not really need that warning system if you just check the pads like we used to. To turn off the warning you can use a scanner that can code the instrument cluster to turn the warning light off or you can splice the two wires together of that harness to close the ground so that the light warning does not come on. Just need to secure the cable so it does not get caught in anything. You can also get a new/used harness and splice it in just keep in mind that they are two styles one is for use in HID equip car the othe for halogen cars that have the brake pad warning system. The dealer can also sell you the plug and some repair wire and you do the rest. If you look on Ebay you should also find the plugs with a pig tail that can be spliced in.