GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bought some EBC Redstuff Pads and Centric Blank Rotors

-SnowMan-

Ready to race!
Installing them on Thursday night with the help of a buddy in our VW club. Looking forward to getting them on and getting rid of my faded OEM setup.

Once theyre on Ill post up a review!

cas1337

Ready to race!
I used to have green stuff on my old car, the brakes were great, but they dusted so much.

I use the red stuff pads now and they have pretty ridiculous stopping power but they dust pretty hard. My wheels always get nasty, but green plastidip just soaks up dirt/dust.

What pads are you currently running?

Also, I used to use the IcyHotStunna alias in some games. Good times.

-SnowMan-

Ready to race!
Ill write up a short review tonight after I drive around some more.

Initial impressions were that with cold rotors and pads, the initial bite was far greater than OEM. I like them so far.

Install was cake, everything went on nicely.

I have the same Rotors and rly like them. They dont surface rust as much as teh OEM ones and the painted section rly jazz's it up.

I went with StopTech pads, let us know what you think.

Where did you get them from?

I bought the rotors off of Amazon because I have prime and got free shipping. I think I paid 55 a piece for the fronts and like 34 a piece for the rears.

The pads were bought from ECS Tuning and have the front wear sensor. They were 197 shipped.

Stoptech is actually made by Centric. So my rotors are essentially blank Stoptech rotors, as far as I know they just cut the slots into the rotors.

flat tire

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Electric + 135i
How do the EBCs compare to pads like the HPS or HP+? I see a lot of stuff about how little dust / noise they make but not as much about performance.

-SnowMan-

Ready to race!
How do the EBCs compare to pads like the HPS or HP+? I see a lot of stuff about how little dust / noise they make but not as much about performance.

So far, they are not too noisy. They seem to squeal a little bit when coming to a complete stop from a slow roll, once theyre heated up.

Havent noticed to much dust, but I've only driven 40 miles with them.

My friend had HPS pads on his WRX and swears by them. I rode in his car a few times and they seem comparable.

Icey Hot Stunna

Passed Driver's Ed
I use the red stuff pads now and they have pretty ridiculous stopping power but they dust pretty hard. My wheels always get nasty, but green plastidip just soaks up dirt/dust.

What pads are you currently running?

I think they are OEM. They dust very little, but the brakes aren't really that great. Going to get OEM or Brembo slotted once they need to be replaced, along with either Pagid or Hawk pad's. Hawk's should last longer than the Pagid pad's though.

-SnowMan-

Ready to race!
I know this is unearthing a dead thread but...
I wouldn't get brembo rotors, they're just overpriced. You can get stop-tech slotted rotors for much cheaper and the quality is essentially the same. I have the centric/stop-tech blanks and love them.

As for the pads, the redstuff pads dust like crazy. 3 days after I wash my car with no performance driving of any kind and the wheels look like they are painted a dark gun metal. But, that being said, so low power wheel cleaner and a hose pretty much gets it all off with minimal to no scrubbing.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

J-Fly

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 Audi TTS
I've had my green stuff pads on 3 weeks now. They're still pretty loud but the squealing is decreasing over time. I tried the bed in strategy but that didn`t seem to work. I would suggest putting a considerable amount of disc brake quiet paste on the pads. I only applied a light coat. Its hard to judge the brake dust since my wheels are gun metal. Stopping power is pretty damn good.

-SnowMan-

Ready to race!
I've had my green stuff pads on 3 weeks now. They're still pretty loud but the squealing is decreasing over time. I tried the bed in strategy but that didn`t seem to work. I would suggest putting a considerable amount of disc brake quiet paste on the pads. I only applied a light coat. Its hard to judge the brake dust since my wheels are gun metal. Stopping power is pretty damn good.

Mine only squeal when they are warmed up, and only when coming to a slow complete stop.

I bedded them in on a deserted highway. 4 stops from 70mph to 5-10mph and then drove for 20 minutes never touching the brakes. You can try and re bed them if the squeaking bothers you.