GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bad news on my new GTI!

Slowride

Touring Car Newbie
What has this done to your mental state about the car?

I only ask this because I owned a used Toyota Camry once, and the transmission blew on the way to work one morning. After I replaced the tranny, it was in the back of my head the rest of the time I owned it, and I was always scared it would happen again. It never did happen again, but I always worried about it.

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
Sorry you think because I have a Neon I'm not at your level. Keep reading your survey magazines.

Last edited:

jkaruzas

Autocross Champion
Peterrrrrrrrr said:
On this site there's a movie from Japan. They talk about launchcontrol on a dsg. I did not know it was on it. They talk about putting the gear into "S", break and your other foot on the gas till 3.000 rpm's, them let go your left foot of the break.
After reading the treat of the guy who's DSG is broken after one day, i wonder if this okay for your car.......can anybody explain please?

PS. I will get my Golf DSG black magic the end of may

That video shows the european spec GTi. I think it is a four door as well, which is another option that is not available yet in the states.

trick000

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Slowride said:
What has this done to your mental state about the car?

I only ask this because I owned a used Toyota Camry once, and the transmission blew on the way to work one morning. After I replaced the tranny, it was in the back of my head the rest of the time I owned it, and I was always scared it would happen again. It never did happen again, but I always worried about it.

Yeah it's in the back of my head now. Nothing I can do about it really so I try not to worry about it too much. Only thing that gives me comfort is that I have another 49,000 miles of free warranty service. BTW, I wouldve gotten the civic si if it wasnt for the DSG on the GTI. You have a nice car :).