GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

arm rest and glove box AC??

Gtiguy182

Clean MKV Owner
i notice that i ahve ac vents in my armrest and glove box me and my buddies call it sandwhich coolers..i have two buddies with gti's (tr,bmp) who dont have it in their gti..we bought are gtis all in one months spand...did certain ones get it or didnt get it??? reasons for and not for??? thanks for the answers

gti mkv

Ready to race!
what package did they get...they should have'em in their glovebox but if they got the base, they won't have'em in the armrest

errorini

Oval Newbie
I think in 2007's the removed it out of the armrest, but it's still in the glovebox, is this how it is in your friends?

I have a 2006, its in the glovebox but not the armrest...there are vents to the back seat though. Package 1.

gti mkv

Ready to race!
I have a 2006, its in the glovebox but not the armrest...there are vents to the back seat though. Package 1.

you have a moonroof and sat. radio?

Mateya49

Oval Champion
Car(s)
06GTI, 02Lincoln LS
I thought the a/c vents were pretty sweet, def. something I could do without buy hey they are there. I have probably only used my a/c 1 time since I got my car. Ill have to use it more often and cool some junk down.

Gtiguy182

Clean MKV Owner
i have base model and have it in both the armrest and glovebox my buddies also have base models and dont have either

07mkvgti

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
06 GTi
i have it, but it desn't get THAT cold in there..theres just a little hole where cool air flows out of and u can open and close it.

atomoverride

Ruler of Omicron Persei 8
I have package 2, have it in both my arm rest and glovebox. its more of a light chill not super cold. I blasted my ac going home and my car was nice and cold but the warm soda I put in the glove box was just flat, not cold not warm. meh. Maybe its better for sushi?

Plyngntrffc

FIA GT Newbie
Car(s)
2006 VW GTI
i have it, but it desn't get THAT cold in there..theres just a little hole where cool air flows out of and u can open and close it.

that all depends if you want to keep ur stuff cool, if you crank ur ac and close off all but one or two vents, or close them all and have one of the armerst or box ones open, u can keep a drink cold for a good half hour to an hour longer than if the ac werent there...and i have a package 0 and its in both, ac vents in the box and arm rest FTW

07mkvgti

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
06 GTi
that all depends if you want to keep ur stuff cool, if you crank ur ac and close off all but one or two vents, or close them all and have one of the armerst or box ones open, u can keep a drink cold for a good half hour to an hour longer than if the ac werent there...and i have a package 0 and its in both, ac vents in the box and arm rest FTW

so thats the trick, i'll have 2 try that when i get home.

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I have them in my Package 1 that I bought in March.