GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR stage 1...bloody good fun...

ConnerrySER04

East Coast transplant
Car(s)
MKVGTI
Had to take advantage of a deal being offered through a relatively new APR distributor/German car tuner in the Miami area, German Motoring. Basically they were able to offer the Waterfest deal this past Saturday, so I bit the bullet.

For $704 out the door, I got APR 93 Stage 1 + Stock + Security Lockout. Great service, clean and professional tuning shop. They had a GTI Dvd on a plasma screen looped, and on another...the German Grand Prix on Speed TV, which was kind of funny. Met a few customers, mostly high end vehicle owners (Porshe, BMW, one Audi A3 guy) who were all pretty cool, and wanted to know more about my GTI. I found the techs to be very knowlegable about the products and their work. One of the owners, German guy named Bernard, who worked for Porshe in Germany for 12 + years, did the reflash...he knew his stuff, took me on a test drive afterwards, and sat with me to go over the training manual and each program....very thorough.

The reflash....I found the car to feel like I always wanted it to feel from the factory...massive improvements to throttle response, significantly stronger, yet smoother acceleration, and fantastic top gear pull....6th gear on the freeway is now a personal favorite. Oddly, I felt that a previous issue I had with the car...feeling like the stock mode engine overpowered the chassis/suspension...is no longer. The added power and smoother drivetrain actually works better with the stock suspension, and I felt a more unified power/steering/handling combo than ever before...I push the car much harder now, but feel way more confident than when it was stock...must be that the more linear power curve reacts better for my driving style...who knows? Either way, the more I drive it, the better it feels. No dyno yet...not sure when I'll ever get to it, but I definitely got what I was looking for in an upgrade. I'm not autocross or track/drag guy...I just like to get the hell out of some random crackhead driver's way whenever I need to...fast. Anyone who lives here in South Florida knows what I'm talking about. So yeah, I dig it. Worth the $$$, especially w/ the deal. It's like my favorite icing is now avaible for application on my favorite girl...I mean...piece of cake. :biggrin: Hopefully it's fat free.

Supplicium

Autocross Champion
Where in soflo are you?

I find myself atleast once a month in ft.myers / bonita springs.

ConnerrySER04

East Coast transplant
Car(s)
MKVGTI
Supplicium said:
Where in soflo are you?

I find myself atleast once a month in ft.myers / bonita springs.

South Beach, currently, but I've lived here in Miami most of my life, with the exception of college. And Jamaica, where I was born.

ConnerrySER04

East Coast transplant
Car(s)
MKVGTI
Thanks to all who've replied so far....can't wait till it cools down a little, so I can run it harder w/out the damn summertime heatsoak factor...

Temper

Touch my monkey..
:biggrin: Sweet.....!

tmrakip

Dog is my co-pilot
ConnerrySER04 said:
I just like to get the hell out of some random crackhead driver's way whenever I need to...fast. Anyone who lives here in South Florida knows what I'm talking about.

Yes, drivers are scary down here. My favorite accident while living here was when I was stopped at a red light and someone rear-ended me at 45mph. They had 3 kids in the car with no car seats or seat belts on and all of them (and the driver, the father) were seriously hurt. I had a Mazda emblem imprinted on my rear bumper until they finally got the parts in for my car. For all the problems I had with it, at least that Civic was safe when it mattered.

So jealous...want this so bad but have to save up the cash. Also want vag-com, haven't decided what to do first!

GTI689

Oval Champion
Awsome bro im here in coralsprings and was going to drive to boca to get my APR flash installed they told me it would be about 800 for stock and 93 chip mode you got a hell of a good deal

BurntGauge

AWD > FWD
Amier said:
Awsome bro im here in coralsprings and was going to drive to boca to get my APR flash installed they told me it would be about 800 for stock and 93 chip mode you got a hell of a good deal

Doesnt that suck that you have to pay extra for stock mode? Bites. I'll probably have to pay the same amount too when I get my APR. :cool:

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
It's only like $70 more bucks or something. At least it doesn't cost a fortune again.

By the way mkv gti put his car on the diagnostic machine where he is a VW dealer at and said it couldn't pick up on the APR reflash being hidden. I've had my car at the same dealer he works at twice now with no problems. Just put it in stock and hand her over.:thumbsup: