GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

AP Racing, Brembo, Alcon

flanker_ever

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi guys, i just finished my factory brake on my R32; and looking to upgrade them. I am after these brand, AP Racing, Brembo, Alcon; but mainly AP Racing.

Does anyone know where would be a good place to look for in Sydney?
Many thanks! :thanks:

redback

ftmfw
if your r32 isn't modified crazy (turbo or supercharged) is there really a point for so much stopping power? because ive heard the standard r32 brake set up is pretty good but you could just upgrade the pads and what not.

but if you are keen then you could talk to John at VSport

Bizi

Jetta with Rice
Car(s)
Jetta MY07
Kaan will do you a deal on the link above.

John at K Sport (see Robby Jais brake threads) gets lots of recommendations, if you're mostly looking for a reliable source with excellent service.

If you're really pushing the car and taking it to the track regularly, then get familiar with Robby's stories since he's been few a few bits of brakes on his 'Peak Performance' S3.

TDI_DSG

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf MK5
racebrakes.com.au

these guys do as the name suggests.

when i had my mini truck, they sorted out a 4 piston setup and 330 mm rotors for the front.

not cheap, but it stopped great.

Jason.

RobbyJai

Passed Driver's Ed
Kaan will do you a deal on the link above.

John at K Sport (see Robby Jais brake threads) gets lots of recommendations, if you're mostly looking for a reliable source with excellent service.

If you're really pushing the car and taking it to the track regularly, then get familiar with Robby's stories since he's been few a few bits of brakes on his 'Peak Performance' S3.

V sport bizi ;-) Not K Sport :)

Yes John Knows his brakes. V Sport is part of the Comp Friction Group and BSM (Barry Smith Motorsports) who supply a lot of brake gears for the V8 super cars... GTP and other track and rally racers..

highly recommended and quite a few forum members go to them to get their braking needs attended to...

i use to have a R32... but unless you track it or have serious amounts of power...... big brake kit for the R32 is no necessary.. the stock jobbies are great. just change the brake pads.

john at v sport looks after all my brake needs and servicing after my track events. as bizi suggest.. i've been through quite a bit of brake gears and combo on the r32 and s3...

and the set up i have right now.. is probably the best combo for my needs which happens to be the AP Racing Brakes you are looking at. 6 Piston 2 piece jobbies :) not cheap either!

Happy with the Stasis/Alcons - killer stopping power, and thanks to Stasis' low-profile hat design they fit plenty of rims without need for spacers (e.g. the 44-offset BBS COs I run). Very progressive feel. Great on track and street.