GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Another clutch thread, stage 2 vs stage 3?

gbkoen01

Car(s)
Mkv gti
Hey all,

About a week ago I began having issues with my clutch. The problem isn't that my stock clutch is slipping, but that when I would push in the clutch the pedal would stick to the floor and I would have to pull it up with my foot and the clutch felt very spongy. I took it to the shop and had them replace the master cyclinder which didn't solve the problem. They are currently in the process of dropping the transmission to replace the slave cylinder which they believe to be leaking.

While they have already have everything apart, I want to go ahead and upgrade my clutch and flywheel as I am stage 2 (with future plans of course) and don't want to have to pay extra labor fees later on down the road to have to replace my clutch that is inevitably bound to start slipping.

I want to go with a southbend or clutchmaster stage 2 or 3 clutch with a singlemass flywheel that's as light as possible while still retaining daily driver comfortability. I DD 30+ miles a day, on mostly highway with occasional traffic, as well as spirited driving along country back roads. I'm wondering if a stage 3 clutch kit would be too stiff for a daily or if its possible and I'm also curious about going from a DMF to a SMF.

Thoughts anyone? Recommendations?