GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

...and Shes back

Accel

Rally Car Champion
thestig said:
I don't understand the value of a cold air intake on a turbocharged engine.

The colder the better, no matter what the air has to pass through before it hits the chambers.

Why bother drinking cold water if your stomach is going to be 98 degrees anyway?

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
cold air intakes are great, but its a LOOONG pipe it has to get through. you may end up losing power.

short ram intakes are basically like vacuums and still sucks like a mofo, with a shorter pipe.

short rams are known to produce more torque down low. CAI are known for uptop power.

Accel

Rally Car Champion
alf said:
cold air intakes are great, but its a LOOONG pipe it has to get through. you may end up losing power.

short ram intakes are basically like vacuums and still sucks like a mofo, with a shorter pipe.

short rams are known to produce more torque down low. CAI are known for uptop power.

We'll see what happenes with the final production model dyno numbers, truthfully I'm not expecting much, but it sounds so awesome, as long as there isnt a loss I'll be happy, then again, Im not exactly paying for it.

thestig

Go Kart Newbie
Accel said:
The colder the better, no matter what the air has to pass through before it hits the chambers.

Why bother drinking cold water if your stomach is going to be 98 degrees anyway?

Compressing air via a turbo or supercharger heats it up. Larger intercooler makes sense for the configuration but "pre-cooling" the air might not. Show the numbers.

Accel

Rally Car Champion
thestig said:
Compressing air via a turbo or supercharger heats it up. Larger intercooler makes sense for the configuration but "pre-cooling" the air might not. Show the numbers.

I will when I get them from the production model.

Accel

Rally Car Champion
AEM sent me the dyno graphs for these in PDF format today... suprisingly enough (I honestly didnt think there would be much of a gain, if any), a 14hp 13lb/ft.

I'll post the graphs themselves when I get home. They are about even with stock up until about 4400 RPM, then it pulls away quite a bit.