GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

And for my next trick, I will light my self on fire!

bigdyno

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Did anyone catch the X-Games rally saturday? Colin McRae rolled his car and only lost first place to Pastrana by about half a second. Rally is so cool....:thumbsup:

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
no...but this is posted in the wrong forum...as it has nothing to do with MkVs

please delete and move to the Off topic section

thanx

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Car(s)
UG GTI 2006
Speed Channel for WRC (World Rally Championship. The real deal.

That Rally in the X games was gay as shit. McRae had a Rev limiter and restrictor plate on his car, while Pastrana had nothing. You think the former world champ is gonna lose to some bitch ass flatbiller who rides a dirt bike?!?!? Please get real.

jkaruzas

Autocross Champion
Bad hare said:
never seen rally - what channel can i watch this on? speed?

Man, you gotta check out rally. some of the sickest driving i've ever seen. check out the listings for speed vision or everye now and then on espn2. you won't regret it!

bigdyno

MHS216 said:
Speed Channel for WRC (World Rally Championship. The real deal.

That Rally in the X games was gay as shit. McRae had a Rev limiter and restrictor plate on his car, while Pastrana had nothing. You think the former world champ is gonna lose to some bitch ass flatbiller who rides a dirt bike?!?!? Please get real.

Perhaps you don't realize that the rally scene here in N.America is still underdeveloped, any positive exposure can do it no wrong. It was simply an entertaining hour of tv.

I guess you were running tech for them to know about the limiter and the restrictor plate? Even if that was the case, who cares, what did you do for the rally scene this weekend?

Good press=more attention=growth of the sport=happy fans.

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Car(s)
UG GTI 2006
Don't get me wrong, I love Rally racing, and I watch WRC anytime it's on tv. It was mentioned by one of the commentators that McRae had a rev limiter and restrictor plate on his Subaru. That is the only reason I claim to know this.

I would have rather seen McRae(a former world champion in WRC) be able to compete flat out with no handicap. Then it would really have been cool. People would see what an exciting motor sport rallying is. That's all I was saying.

bigdyno

Point taken, I think they needed to rely on the persona that is the Pastriana to help hype the event. I would bet that the vast majority of the regular X-gamers (ie: our favourite flatbillers...) wouldn't have a clue. Actually, they might know McRae as the guy in the video game that keeps telling you to hurry up....