GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Air ride Suspension

Kishon

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MkvGti
Hi Guys,

Have seen those air ride suspension systems and i'm convinced on getting this slapped on. However i dont know much about them. So i was hoping someone could help with regards to with would be the best system to put on. I now know what the anolgue, manual and digital systems mean and i would definately be going with the Digital system.

But i have a few questions.

1. I do go down to the drag strip every now and then. I seldom do race but what kind of impact would it have on the car? or do i have to stop racing altogether??:yikes:

2. Road holding. I currently love the way my MKV sticks to the road on the bends. Would this impact negatively on road holding?

3. Which is the best system to go (cost effectively) with from your expierences?

Any and all help will be highly appreciated.:help:

dustinwark

Miesian
Car(s)
'07 VW GTI
Hi Guys,

Have seen those air ride suspension systems and i'm convinced on getting this slapped on. However i dont know much about them. So i was hoping someone could help with regards to with would be the best system to put on. I now know what the anolgue, manual and digital systems mean and i would definately be going with the Digital system.

But i have a few questions.

1. I do go down to the drag strip every now and then. I seldom do race but what kind of impact would it have on the car? or do i have to stop racing altogether??:yikes:

2. Road holding. I currently love the way my MKV sticks to the road on the bends. Would this impact negatively on road holding?

3. Which is the best system to go (cost effectively) with from your expierences?

Any and all help will be highly appreciated.:help:

1. No
2. Not necessarily.
3. There are endless options, you really need to do some research.

darcness

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI CW
^ Just like Mr. Wark said, you have to do some research.

You can absolutely build an air ride setup that will retain the handling you want. It will likely cost more becuase you'll have to buy the adjustable air ride setups which inherently end up being more money. However, it can be done and done right. Just expect to pay for it.