GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Adj. Cam Gear/Underdrive Crank Pulley worth it?

PlaidHatter

Insert Witty Title Here
Car(s)
Audi A3 S-Line
What's up guys! So I have my timing belt service to do soon and was considering purchasing an adjustable cam gear and underdrive/lightweight crank pulley to install at the same time, but I can't seem to find a single review on either of these parts.
I know I installed these same parts on my 16V MK1 many years ago and it made a whole world of difference, but that's a completely different motor which also had supporting mods like a large port intake manifold and valve springs which my FSI motor does not have.
Can anyone share a testimony on either of these parts or tell me what their butt-dyno readings were? I'm specifically looking at the ECS parts, if that matters.

Gruppe917

Ready to race!
How would one even have an "adjustable" gear in the traditional sense, on an engine with variable cam timing? Perhaps one with a larger sweep range for those with huge cams. Otherwise, the adjustability is done via a tune.

For a pulley, underdrive is awesome if you are revving the snot out of the engine. Otherwise, a bit of dressup imho