GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ABS & ESP out?

telaio

Ready to race!
It has now happened to me a couple of times that my car loses ABS and ESP when I accelerate hard through a tight curve. Losing ABS is a bitch as it's easy to lock the brakes. When this happens the ABS, ESP and tyre pressure (!) warning lights come on. Rebooting the car fixes the issue. To me this sounds like one of the wheel rotation sensors is going bust as the tire pressure light is lighting up too. What do you think?

qcbtbx

smu.:Rf
Car(s)
.:R32
I would check my ABS sensors and tire pressure to make sure they are in good condition. if they are,then your hypothesis could be right. as for the ESP that sounds normal if you are "accelerating hard through a turn." you hear the tires squeal when you do this? taken it to a dealer yet?

if your sway bars are really tight, then i can see the esp going off when you accelerate hard.

telaio

Ready to race!
I would check my ABS sensors and tire pressure to make sure they are in good condition. if they are,then your hypothesis could be right. as for the ESP that sounds normal if you are "accelerating hard through a turn." you hear the tires squeal when you do this? taken it to a dealer yet?

if your sway bars are really tight, then i can see the esp going off when you accelerate hard.
This is an S-turn through and out a small roundabout and I like to throw the car side-to-side hard while accelerating in it. With ESP off I could do some nice drifting, no doubt about it. I think the situation is very complex for the ESP to handle but previously I didn't have this problem..

qcbtbx

smu.:Rf
Car(s)
.:R32
This is an S-turn through and out a small roundabout and I like to throw the car side-to-side hard while accelerating in it. With ESP off I could do some nice drifting, no doubt about it. I think the situation is very complex for the ESP to handle but previously I didn't have this problem..

hmmm, start with your ABS sensors, maybe have a dealership check your cluster and TPMS for you.

telaio

Ready to race!
I took the same curve again and this time I didn't lose ABS and ESP but instead the DSG went!! I was unable to change gears, the rev-limiter was gone and all the gear-symbols where flashing!! WTF!!?!

ps. in Europe the TPMS is based on wheel rotation, not pressure. What is the "cluster"?

scca_ziptie

Car(s)
Mk5 R32 #684
I took the same curve again and this time I didn't lose ABS and ESP but instead the DSG went!! I was unable to change gears, the rev-limiter was gone and all the gear-symbols where flashing!! WTF!!?!

ps. in Europe the TPMS is based on wheel rotation, not pressure. What is the "cluster"?

Have you scanned the car for codes? I would think with all those different issues/failures it would store a code or four..

Do you have access to a VAG com? If so, I'd image that the readiness tests should show a fail on in a couple different areas which should help narrow down what you are needing to address....?