GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

16 inch wheel(s) question

projekt.kieru

Inspired.
I am about to purchase a set of wheels (OEM VW) and I wanted verify that they will fit over the stock brakes without rubbing or any other issues.

The wheels are:

16 inch wheels called Mambo and are 5x112. I'll be using them for winter. They are OEM and they are off the 2011 Jetta TDI. However, I do not know the offset. Does anyone know?

Anyway I looked over some information @ TDI club but didn't find anything useful. If any members here can help me out that'd be great. Once again, I just want to know if they'll clear our stock brakes without any issues.

Steve516

Ready to race!
From what I understand (been researching this myself for winter tires) 16's will fit the stock GTI brakes no problem. 5x112 is the correct bolt circle, and the offset should be fine since it is an OEM wheel. Offset is usually stamped on the inside of the spoke. Offset is really an issue with larger wheel/tire sizes (18"/19") with wider wheels (8") and bigger tires (235/245 widths) because of clearance with the fenders and suspension components. This assumes you are going to use a 205/215/225 width tire, and no more than a 50 series sidewall on the 16" wheel...

projekt.kieru

Inspired.
From what I understand (been researching this myself for winter tires) 16's will fit the stock GTI brakes no problem. 5x112 is the correct bolt circle, and the offset should be fine since it is an OEM wheel. Offset is usually stamped on the inside of the spoke. Offset is really an issue with larger wheel/tire sizes (18"/19") with wider wheels (8") and bigger tires (235/245 widths) because of clearance with the fenders and suspension components. This assumes you are going to use a 205/215/225 width tire, and no more than a 50 series sidewall on the 16" wheel...

205/50/R16 actually, thanks for the info.

nhbubba

CEL free until 48,398 mi
I run 205/55R16's for my winters. In fact I have a 205/55R16 on my spare in my trunk too.

16's should fit a GTI. 16" steelies do. The only issue could be if the alloys are funky somehow in that they don't have the same brake clearance steelies do. Although I'm sure that's a non-issue and you'll be fine.

projekt.kieru

Inspired.
another question:

what if the center hub is better than our stock ones? is there a adaptor I can buy?

I may want to put a B8 Audi rim on my car but I don't know if it'll fit. Can anyone tell me? The center of a B8 Audi rim (OEM) is 66mm. What is ours?!

miguelthegr8

I just picked up some Konig Rollers 16x7.5