GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

"001287- Idle Control System RPM: Higher than Expected" after BSH Race Intake install

vath

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 GTI
"001287- Idle Control System RPM: Higher than Expected" after BSH Race Intake install

001287 - Idle Control System RPM: Higher than Expected.
P0507 - 001 - Upper Limit Exceeded - Intermittent

is this normal?

I also have loud idle for like 10 seconds after a cold start.... then something closes or whatever and it quiets down..... Everything seemed to go smoothly with the install.... PVC is snug onto the intake..... no CEL

figured i'd ask here real quick before i get carried away....

I have the CBFA 2.0 TSI...
Also... is my breather thingy supposed to be inside the box like i have it?

Attachments

• bsh.jpg
    bsh.jpg
    268.1 KB · Views: 4,255
Last edited:

BSH Speedshop

Ready to race!
Check the connection between the intake and the turbo. That is the #1 cause of that CEL after an intake install. You might also experience rev hang (RPMs hold solid for a second before dropping) this will go away when that connection is secured.

Couple other things,

The loud idle for ten seconds on cold start is normal. It was always there you just hear it more now.

The breather filter does not need to be in the box. It can be anywhere.

vath

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 GTI
i'm gonna start with just clearing the fault code and see if it comes back... :paddle:

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Do you have searching idle? I had this same issue recently and it was driving me crazy trying to figure it out. Car idled like shit and was down on power. Turned out to be a small hose torn causing a vac leak. Also check your MAF sensor - clean it and make sure it is seated properly.

vath

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 GTI
No searching idle...

The code has not come back since clearing it...

I've over 100 miles so far, I'm liking the intake's improvement with breathability.. The DV noise is a little strange, sounds like a gargle sometimes instead of a steady gradient of sound...

vath

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 GTI
I did install the 'D' revision diverter valve a couple weeks ago... I'll get a video up soon

Mkvgtiowner

Im having the same code on mine. Also I have cylinder 4 misfire and system bank too lean. My car won't accelerate at all but once the code is cleared it starts to work fine. As soon as the check engine light comes back on it goes to crap agian. What could this be?????