GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

0-60 to Quarter Mile Conversions?

335 Trojan

Macro FTW.
Hey Guys,

Just wondering what type of quarter mile you would see out of a car that does a 5.5 0-60?

Unfortunately dragstrips dont measure this of course, so there is no good comparison.

Anyone have any info?

Thanks!

Jakup

Passed Driver's Ed
Can't really convert, it entirely depends on what car.
For example, an AWD car that doesn't have much power will start out good because it won't break traction, whereas a FWD with a lot of power will be slow to 60.
Thus, you could have two cars with the same 0-60 but very different quarter-mile times.

If you're talking strictly GTI's though, I'd say you could pull off a 13.4-13.8 with a 5.5 second 0-60. I know the S2000's do 0-60 in 5.5 seconds and run about a 13.9 quarter-mile, so I figure a GTI that can pull off the same 0-60 will probably have more top end than an S2000 and therefore will run a little faster for the rest of the quarter-mile.

335 Trojan

Macro FTW.
Can't really convert, it entirely depends on what car.
For example, an AWD car that doesn't have much power will start out good because it won't break traction, whereas a FWD with a lot of power will be slow to 60.
Thus, you could have two cars with the same 0-60 but very different quarter-mile times.

If you're talking strictly GTI's though, I'd say you could pull off a 13.4-13.8 with a 5.5 second 0-60. I know the S2000's do 0-60 in 5.5 seconds and run about a 13.9 quarter-mile, so I figure a GTI that can pull off the same 0-60 will probably have more top end than an S2000 and therefore will run a little faster for the rest of the quarter-mile.

Very good points.

Makes sense. I guess the only thing I can do now is track it :)

MKV Aaron

Form Follows Function
Car(s)
Golf R
B5 S4 6 speeds stock ran 5.5 and 14.1 ish. This is AWD 2.7V6 TT though.

I would guess 13.5-14.4 depending on the drive wheels and the Engine (FI/NA).

Sayemthree

Ready to race!
5.5 sec 0-60 is ABOUT a 14.0 second 1/4 mi at 100 mph. thats about what a 1995 BMW M3 ran.

Nikerey

Darkness
its impossible to put an exact time on a 1/4 mile from a 0-60 run. So many things go into it, gearing, powerband and traction are big ones.

The APR GTI has tons of power but it may all be at the top end, or it may not get traction till 2-3rd gear. So the 0-60 is slow comapred to what it may run in the 1/4.
A car with AWD may have an amazing 0-60 but a slow 1/4 mile due to lots of traction but not much power.