GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. C

FS: CA, BayArea 2007 VW Rabbit CV axles

Local pickup only: Bay Area - San Jose, CA I have both CV Axles which i attempted to re-boot but was never able to get the CV clamps tight enough. I ended up just swapping out for aftermarket. the boots may need replacement after all the attempts. Car is donated to another family member...
  2. C

Front Belly shield and fender liners loose/damaged

07 Rabbit. I've removed the belly shield to do maintenance. After the maintenance, i didn't reinstall the shield since there's usually more work. During test drive, i noticed the fender liners get loose and ended up getting damaged by rubbing on the tires. Fender liners are salvageable with...
  3. C

Left Front Parking Lights - no power

07 Rabbit - 2 door Got the error for Left Front Parking Lights. Left front side and the small one in the high beam are out. With a light tester, there was no power on either socket. I checked the light tester working properly on the right front side light. I checked all the fuses in...
  4. C

02394 - Park Light Left M1

'07 Rabbit: Periodically the Dash shows the indicator bulb being yellow. When i read the code with Foxwell NT510, it shows 02394 In some google searches, this is the light on the side of the front bumper. In my case, the bulb was out. Replacing the bulb as well as using the working one from...
  5. C

MKV: Knocking noise under driverside dash

'07 Rabbit When Air or AC is on speed 1 or 2 (high speeds may be drowning out the noise), there is a light periodic rapping/knocking sound that seems to come from under the driver side dash. I was able to locate the part since it seems to attempt moving but it's stuck. Not sure if this is a...
  6. C

2.5L Rabbit - lower idler pulley removal

2007 VW Rabbit. Pulleys were making noise. I've replaced the upper idler pulley, both tensioners and the belts. Couldn't access the lower pulley since my torx socket didn't have enough clearance. Any hints? else i would need to find a torx bit (similar to the triple square) for the...
  7. C

Coolant leak from hose/fitting above oil pan

2007 Rabbit Auto 2.5L 09G (new to me) Front end has been on ramps for a while for my slow repairs. i noticed liquid dripping down the front of the oil pan (mid section). I was able to trace it to a pipe or fitting above that area. What components are above the lower hose (yellow arrow)...
  8. C

May have over torqued - should reloosen?

2007 Rabbit Auto 09G. I removed the transmission valve body to swap out the solenoids. During reinstall of the valve body i found info for the bolts to be 8 NM + 90˚ the 8 NM was fine and then i started the 90˚. A few bolts seem fine and then other bolts started to feel like it was too tight...