GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. E

f/s: sold the GTI--for sale (mirrors, gauge, headlight switch)

GTI has been sold, so I have a few parts lying around. Listed below are either new, or were used very sparingly as noted. I accept Paypal only, all prices include shipping anywhere in the US via USPS. Pictures are used from where I bought the parts, and are not actual pictures. SORRY NO...
  2. E

Very happy with resale value of GTI

I tacked on about 2K in negative equity from my previous car, I only put 1K down, but I'm very surprised to learn if i trade in my car, I'm only maybe 2K in negative equity, and if i sell myself, might actually come out with positive equity. Now you're thinking, "are you selling the GTI?".....I...
  3. E

How to determine APR software erased

I turn the ignition to ON, hold the cruise control stalk down, the CE does NOT blink. The car feels strong, but was wondering the CE not flashing, does that indicate my software is erased? I did perform a few VAG-COM functions a month or so ago. Insight is appreciated. Thanks.
  4. E

benefits to euro switch without vag-com

Finally my euro switch is coming from oempl.us. my question is, are there any features w/ just installing the euroswitch? i plan to get a vag-com, but just wondering if i swap them out, any features?
  5. E

switching between apr stage 1 and stock

Ok, i'm sure this is simple but I want to make sure. I know how to switch between programs, my question is, what do i need to do after its been switched over. When i switch over to stock, do I need to do anything else? I ask b/c everytime i switch programs, I am not able to start the car...
  6. E

FS/TX: Fuji S5 Pro DSLR

Fuji S5 Pro body with 2 rechargeable li-ion batteries Specs: 12.3MP Less thank 20K actuations Magnesium alloy body Nikon F Mount (for compatibility with all Nikkor AF-D/G and the lastest AF-S optics ) Film Simulation Modes for improved reproduction of natural skin tones Facial Detection...
  7. E

problems hardwiring my V1

I need help. I followed the fuse hardwire via vortex, but I still cant seem to get any power. I'm not sure if its the ground or the power lead. I'm a total noob to electricity, but i've hardwired my V1 in my old STI before w/o a problem. I dont feel comfortable hardwiring via the sunroof...
  8. E

so i got the apr chip and hit 120

and the car just shut down for maybe a minute. kinda freaked me out, i'm assuming this is the fuel cut off. does the apr chip remove this? i dont regularly hit 120, but its quite disappointing i cant go any faster.
  9. E

static electricity

Kind of an odd question or pov. this is my first euro car, i've owned pretty much japanese import cars beforehand. during the winter time, we seem to generate more static electricity. getting out of my previous cars, would always produce a "shock" when you touch bare metal. now i've noticed...
  10. E

FS: Forge DV NIB for 2.0

As the title says, brand new, just opened the box, everything still wrapped, even includes a blue Forge sticker :biggrin: $200 shipped First person to paypal me gets it. Thanks!
  11. E

windshield wipers slow when im stopped

I know this is a feature on the car, but can someone explain why it does this? its a rather small nuisance to me, is it better for the engine or what? we have been getting buckets of rain here in texas, so im sitting at the light, and the wipers slow down. really its not a big deal, but im...
  12. E

FS/TX: Xbox 360 elite NIB

I'm selling my Xbox 360 elite. Never opened, sealed, new in box. I have receipt in hand. $400 firm shipped Please pm or email for more information. Thanks
  13. E

how long of a wait for license plates?

So i bought my GTI mid May, my temp tags have a date of 06/13, as of today, i still have not received my plates yet. I've been calling the dealership every few days, they tell me "you dont need to call us, we will call you when they arrive" I call back again, they tell me "something happened...