GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. M

Mk5 GTI CEL And jerking forward when engine breaking

I have a 2007 GTI 6 speed and For the past couple months my CEL comes and goes. When I engine break it feels almost like the front wheels lock up. The car becomes jerkish and feels like it is slamming forward. I took it to the dealer and they told me I needed to replace my HPFP. Roughly a week...
  2. M

2007 GTI P0507 Help!

A couple weeks ago my CEL came on and I scanned code P0507 Idle Air Control System RPM Higher Than Expected. I got the PCV fixed thinking it was my issue and thought the problem was solved. A coupe days later the code came back. My revs hang and I feel like when I take my foot off the gas the...
  3. M

Huge oil leak! Help!

So I replaced my DV to the revision D. There was a tear in the old one. I put the new DV on everything was fine for a little bit. After driving it for a day the check engine light came on and it's spewing oil all over the places. The DV is flush and bolted on tight. I can't tell where the leak...
  4. M

Weird whistle at 2k-4k rpm! Help!

Im new to the forums, I bought a 2007 mk5 GTI about 2 months ago (Love the Car). Recently it has developed a strange whistling noise that occurs at about 2500-4000 rpm. The noise is loudest in 3rd gear at about 3k rpm. I have recently replaced the Low Pressure Fuel pump because I was getting...