GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. K

Where in Vancouver to do a white LED instrument cluster mod?

Hey guys, I've been hoping for this thread to be updated: http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113135&page=1 but so far, no dice. I'm not too confident about trying it myself without a proper write-up to follow (with pictures) and am thinking I might be better off finding someone in...
  2. K

64,000km service in Vancouver?

Hi guys, I'm getting close to the 64,000km mark, and according to VW service, I'm due for a "Type D" which includes a laudry list of "check this" items, and "change this"... including changing the DSG transmission oil. However, the dealer I normally go to quoted meat $600-ish, not including the...
  3. K

FS: Sony Vaio Z (vgn-z555dn) Ultraportable Notebook - $1500obo

For sale is a used but in excellent condition Sony Vaio VGN-Z555DN ultraportable laptop. Carbon Fiber body, which is extremely sturdy and lightweight! I am selling because I am switching to a Macbook, but I take extremely good care of my computers. I will also throw in a Targus laptop messenger...
  4. K

WTT: CW votex rear valence for painted stock rear valence

hey guys, if anyone in vancouver has a stock painted rear valence and wants the votex, let me know! would be willing to trade... cheers z
  5. K

WTB: 18" Hufs - Wheels only

Hello! I'm looking to buy either 2 or a full set (4) of the stock 18" Hufs - unblemished (or at least relatively unblemished). Shipped to either Blaine, WA or Vancouver, Canada... Thanks!
  6. K

Part Number for Spare Tire "Nut"

Hi guys, Seems like I lost the plastic "nut" that screws down and holds the spare tire in place at autocross a month ago... Would there happen to be a part number for it so I can get a replacement? Thanks!
  7. K

Oettinger Vendors

Hey guys, I'm just wondering if anyone in Vancouver has bought the full Oettinger front setup - grill, bumper and lip? If so, who'd you buy through, and how was the pricing? Thanks! Z
  8. K

Question for Golf GT owners

Hello! Question for all you Golf GT owners - have you tried taking off the foglight grills before? And if so, did you have a lot of difficulty popping them off/on? Reason I ask is because I purchased a pair of GT fog grills from TMTuning, and found that they're quite difficult to pop on (I...
  9. K

Scraping sound + Possible Missing Bolt?

Hey guys, I noticed tonight that when I start to throttle from a full stop, I can hear a very prominent metallic squeaking/scraping sound. Kind of like an "enh enhhh enhhh" sound. Based on where the sound is coming from, we're pretty sure it's not the springs, but I was wondering if anyone who...
  10. K

Vancouver - recommend shop for oil change?

Hi guys, I got quoted $90 for the first oil change... which I feel is pretty pricey. Where does everyone in the Lower Mainland get their GTIs serviced? Do you all go to the dealer, or do you take it to a small shop that you trust? Thanks! Z
  11. K

Intermittent booming bass from radio

Hey guys, Has anyone else in Canada experienced this problem? And if so... was your dealer able to fix it? I had this problem, and the dealer just said they couldn't find any fault codes when they checked and to "keep and eye out for it" happening again... which is has, many times... so...
  12. K

WTB: OEM Euro Springs for 4door

Surprised there haven't been more posts about this... but: Anyone in Europe who's swapped out their stock springs with aftermarket ones interested in selling? Cheers!
  13. K

Fog lamp cover

Hey guys, I just finished swapping out my stock fog bulbs with Nokya Hyper Yellows (they're SO cool!)... but I noticed after I put the black plastic covers back on (the honeycomb piece) that there is a slight gap, around a quarter of an inch, between the cutout in the plastic cover and the fog...
  14. K

FS: GTI Stock 18" Summer Tires

Hi guys, I just picked up my brand new 2007 GTI today! The dealer threw in the 18" huffs, but since it's suicide to drive around on the stock ContiSportContacts that it comes with, I had to swap out to a set of all seasons. I've now got a set of brand new 225/40/18 SportContacts sitting in my...