GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. golfgtdude

VCDS newer versions and limitations

Hi All, I took a glance at the VCDS website the other day and noticed there are now newer versions of this product and what looks to be multiple versions depending on your requirement (e.g. business or home user). I still own an original cable which works on any number of cars i believe and...
  2. golfgtdude

GT TDi vs Nurburgring / lack of power

Hi All, Recently come back from a weekend trip to the Nurburgring. A fantastic place and even more impressed with how the Golf handled the track. Only item which bugged me was that two thirds through the track the power goes a bit flat. I was wondering if this had something to do with the heat...
  3. golfgtdude

Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF)

Hello All, I thought buying some oil for the Golf (MK5 GT TDi 140 UK) was going to be straight forward until I learned that it depends on whether the car is fitted with a DPF or not? D.P.F = Diesel Particulate Filter. I've scanned the user manuals intensely and cannot find any information to...
  4. golfgtdude

Aftermarket cotton based airfilter panels?

Hello all, I'm trying to pick an aftermarket filter for use in my GT TDi. So far I'm looking at the K&N but I'm a bit confused as to why it looks like this - you'd think the cotton element would cover the complete surface area or is there a specific reason? Any thoughts - do other...
  5. golfgtdude

Aftermarket head unit - sound lacks depth

Hi all, I've posted this on another forum but didn't get too much response. Seems pretty active on here so will give it a go. Recently replaced my stock RCD500 unit with a Pioneer DEH-P75BT MP3 head unit. In order to complete the install I required a CAN-BUS adapter which allows the new unit...
  6. golfgtdude

Greetings

Nice forum.:thumbup: