GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. S

Oil Leaking from engine

Hey guys I was driving home from work on the freeway when my engine started smoking. I pulled over turned off the engine and there is oil dripping all over the ground. I finally had a chance to look under the car and found metal shaving between the engine and transmission. The oil seems only...
  2. S

AC not working

My AC seems to be blowing hot air. I check both fans are working, I can hear a humming noise coming from the engine when the AC is on and it goes away when I turn it off. Also there seems to be a small squeaking noise when the AC is on. Is the AC compressor not working anymore?
  3. S

Bad Dual Mass Flywheel?

hello I have a 2009 GTI with a DSG transmission about 108k miles. During Idle I can sometimes hear a loud clunky metal noise coming from the engine. I had the clutch replaced around 65k. I made a small video but you can kinda hear it https://youtu.be/KekzjowvA4I If the flywheel is bad how...
  4. S

Sub Frame Bolt

Hello I was wondering how many bolts do i need to replace my front sub frame. Its starting to clunk when I am driving and going over some bumps. Are these the ones i need to replace them and how many do I need to purchase...
  5. S

Loud Clicking Noise During Idle

I have a 2009 GTI with a DSG about 105k miles. My car makes a really loud clicking/ rattle noise when I sitting idle. I goes away when I start moving but comes back when i am at a stop. Also it goes away when i shift the car into neutral or park. I had the all the timing chain, guides, anard...
  6. S

Rough Start

Hello, I just got off of work it and when I tried to start my 09 GTI it was struggling to start. Like the engine was making a really bad clunking noise and then die. Usually I step on the brake and turn the key and let go and it starts. I had the timing chain and tensioners replaced around...
  7. S

Clunking and shaking in steering wheel

Hello Was driving to work today and my car started to make this clunking noise and I can feel it on the steering wheel. It also started to smell like burning rubber. I thought it was a flat tire but tpms light didnt come on. My car does shake a lot during idle and there is some vibration when...
  8. S

Cool Level

Hello, I have a 09 GTI. I was changing my oil when I notice my coolant level in my tank was lower than before. It was at max now it's down to min. There is no leaking and my engine isn't running at normal temperature. No check engine light. Is this normal? I have about 95k miles of that helps...
  9. S

FS: 18" VMR Wheels

Hello I have a set of VMR racing wheels for sale. Had them for about 6 months. No scratches or damaged to wheels. Asking $700 obo. Located in Roseville, CA
  10. S

VMR Racing Wheels (saramento area)

I have a set of VMR Racing Wheels 18" for sale. Had them for about 6 monthes not scratch or damage to wheels. Looking for $700 OBO for the set.
  11. S

NGK Spark Plugs

hello all, I just hit 90k on my 09 GTI and was wondering which NGK plugs should i get. The Laser Platinum (PFR7S8EG) or the Iridium (BKR7EIX) The is car is bone stock no mods Also what is the right gap size for a TSI motor. Thanks
  12. S

Engine and transmission mounts

Hello I have an 09 GTI. Going to replace the mounts this weekend. I got new bolts as well. Any tips on removing the mounts and what are the torque specs Thanks
  13. S

Installing Stock Suspension

Hello, I have a 09 GTI its lowered with bilstein sport shocks and struts with H & R sport springs. I want to put my stock suspension back on. I do need to remove the front axles to install the stock suspension? Thank you
  14. S

Engine Rattle

Hello Sorry for making another thread but this engine rattle ticking noise is driving me nuts. Had the timing chain serviced done a couple of weeks ago. Engine at normal temp: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pb55urO8wj8 Cold Start: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FZmn_bPQb0 From the inside...
  15. S

Rattle/Loud engine noise is back

Hello I recently had my 09 GTI timing chain replace as well with the tensioner and guides due to the defective chain tensioner about 3 weeks ago. Now it is making the same loud clunking and rattling noise when I am idling at a stop light. Would it be the timing chain again or something else...
  16. S

A Bunch Of Check Engine Light Codes

Hello All, My check engine light came on and I just got back from O'Reilly and there are the codes they gave me. P0171, P0303, 772, 369, 1287, 771 I just had my timing chains, guides, both tensioner replace about a week ago.
  17. S

Check Engine Light

Hello I recently had my timing chain service because of the faulty timing chain tensioner. It's been a week already and now the check engine light is on. Any know what it could be? Thank you
  18. S

Clicking Noise

Hello All, I Have an 09 GTI and when i am idle at a light the engine starts to rattle and click. When I accelerate the clicking/rattle noise goes away. Also if i put the car in neutral the noise rattle goes away. Anyone know what it could be? I hopefully its not the defective chain tensioner...
  19. S

Bad Lower Chain Tensioner

Hello, I have a 09 GTI with TSI motor. I have this really bad rattle or clunking noise when i start up the car and when i let off the brakes and accelerate. Could it be sign of having the defective lower chain tensioner? Or something else? https://www.ngpracing.com/home/?p=5590 Thanks
  20. S

Sacramento Repair Shops

Hello Guys, I have a 2009 GTI TSI with the defective timing chain tensioner. The engine is making a really bad rattling noise. I was wondering is anyone could recommend a good VW shop to have to work on. I really dont want to go to the stearlership to get it fixed Thanks