GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. M

CEL that comes and goes

My MkV GTI now belongs to my brother but when driven hard, a CEL comes on and goes away after some time. What is the cause of it? Has the fuel pump finally gone bad? Since the car has APR stage 2 flashed with the APR Stealth TBE, it does get fuel cuts and goes into limp mode when you really...
  2. M

Volkswagen Type-R Ralliart!!

Sorry if this is a repost but because of this I lost even more faith in humanity.
  3. M

Took a few new pics this weekend

After I gave her a bath...
  4. M

Another Autotech FP thread

I might pull the trigger on a Autotech FP soon. I just had the APR TBE and APR Stage 2 installed. Is anyone running the AT FP with this setup? Any issues? I don't feel like spending more for the APR one as that TBE costed a pretty penny.
  5. M

DBP R32 w/OZ Ultraleggeras?

Anyone got pics? Preferably the silver wheels but it'd be nice to see them in black too.
  6. M

I was at the dealership today

And saw this I think that was my first time seeing one in person. A very beautiful thing it is.
  7. M

Test drove one today...

My dad was in the market for an Audi A6 and I wanted to test out an R32 so I went to the local VW/Audi dealership with him. McKenna VW/Audi/Porshe/BMW of Norwalk has a multi-tier parking garage in which they store all of the new cars in. I was salivating as I passed by a row of RS4s, S4s, 911s...
  8. M

chrome rims on reflex silver

Anyone got pics of chrome wheels on a reflex silver mkv? Chrome particularly looks good on cw and bmp but not so sure on rs as don't think I've seen any. Thanks
  9. M

Fuel pump necessary for stage 2?

I plan to go stage 2 pretty soon, with an ATP DP. I heard that fuel cuts are common with the boost levels of stage 2 with the stock pump. If that's true, then I just might have to purchase a fuel pump along with the DP (stage 2 reflash will be free btw). any input?
  10. M

Jetta fog grills on GTI?

Anyone has their car set up like that? Just the Jetta foglight grills, not the entire jetta front-end. If not, a photoshop plz? Thanks.
  11. M

Anyone in SoCal with an ATP 3'' DP installed?

If so, any serious "Pull Over!" stories? I'm thinking of getting this downpipe soon and it's catless so I'm worried that it won't pass emissions, much less the "sniff" test.
  12. M

Which should I do first?

Power -ATP 3.0'' Downpipe -APR Stage 2 -or- Suspension/Handling -Eibach Pro kit or H & R -Rear sway bar
  13. M

Color-matched Sidemarkers (RS)

Got them from ESE tuning. They weren't an exactly perfect match, but they do look a whole lot nicer than the stock ambers.
  14. M

vs. Volvo S40

My car: GTI Mk V w/DSG -APR Stage 1 -Neuspeed P-Flo Intake Volvo S40 -I dunno, but it was stupidly fast and far from stock. :eek: I was cruising around my town a few moments back, just to relax and enjoy my car. I come to a red light stop and ahead of me is one of the longest, emptiest roads...
  15. M

Good tuners in the OC/LA area?

I need to find a different, better tuner. Eurocode is run by lazy and flakey people so I've had it with them. :thumbdown: Any reccomendations?
  16. M

Blown DV? Loose intake?

I pushed my car a little hard while I cruised around town. I just had an Neuspeed P-Flo intake installed and switched to Motul synthetic earlier. When I started up my car and drove around my intake sounded strange, almost like it's wheezing. I remember most of the intake sound was coming from...
  17. M

Which CAI?

I'm running APR Stage 1 on my Mk V DSG. I'm considering the Carbonio. Are there better alternatives?
  18. M

Best. Vinyl. Ever.

Can be purchased @ http://www.fastwrx.com/obinmide.html
  19. M

vs. BMW 325i or 335i

Not really a race, but a funny moment. I was stopped at a red light. And to the left of me, a gray Bimmer pulls up. It clearly had exhaust and I think it had black 18'' BBS's. The light turned green, I launched DSG style. I heard the Bimmer rev loudly and it took off a little after I did. I then...
  20. M

This is possibly the best restoration I've ever seen.

http://www.mat.fi/project1984toyotacelicaturbo.htm I'm at loss for words. The finished product is sick!