GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. K

3 different cars, Same misfire phenom...need brainstorming help

I'm the mechanic for three cars; 09 GTI FSI - Track Car, 6-speed, 60K miles, APR Stage 1, Catless DP/Stock, Rev D DV, gets tuned up and checked every 3 months minimum (best of the best parts/fluids). New plugs 15K miles ago 06 Audi A3 - Tuner, 6-speed, 100K miles, APR Stage 2+, DV+ DV, Catted...
  2. K

Wheel Stud Kits?

Good morning All, I need to convert from bolts to studs. 08 GTI, stock wheels, no spacers. I did a search and read the posts (both here and Vortex). The supplier links on those old posts are dead. ECS, APR, etc. don't have kits already put together. Do you guys know of any supplier that has a...
  3. K

Cold Air Intake?

Suggestions? What have you guys used as far as CAIs?
  4. K

VAG-COM virgin

Title says it all. The MKV is now at the shop. Before I do the suspension upgrade I'm going to do a thorough tune up, HPFP follower check & DV check. To this point I haven't needed VAG-com at my shop. At this point forward I'm probably going to need it. Someone already suggested Ross-Tech's...
  5. K

Lubricants - What are you using?

Hi there, Every enthusiast or marque group knows what works in their cars from experience. Take transmissions for example; Some Porsches love Swepco, whereas some BMWs love Redline. What are you guys using in the MKVs, for all the fluids? I've got this 08 FSI 6 speed that's going to see a lot...
  6. K

Experienced track upgrade advice

Hi Guys and Gals, I’m new here. You guys seem to have great posts and level-headed responses, which can be rare on forums. That’s why I joined. I’m looking for guidance. I’m a garage owner and amateur racer. A friend and I decided to dive into SCCA/NASA Solo 1 and maybe club racing later...