GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. G

MY08 Radio

Hi people, I am thinking of putting a stereo in the golf that does MP3. I would like to keep it stock looking and was wondering if anyone knows how much the radio from the MY08 Golfs would be? Cheers.
  2. G

Drivers door LED update.

I had the module replaced in August as per VW to fix the problem with the LED on the drivers door staying on when the car was unlocked and it has since happened again. I sent the repairing dealer an email regarding this and this was the response I got.... "VW Australia Technical say replacing...
  3. G

Grrrrrr

Anyone else had this sort of drama over something so small?? http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/newforum/upload/showthread.php?t=7310 Read to the end.. It keeps getting better. It's driving me crazy!!!
  4. G

New Dealer

Hi Guys, I don't know how much use you will find this, but I found out over the weekend that there will be a VW dealership opening in Ballarat as soon as next month at the BMW showroom.
  5. G

Window Switches

Hi, Has anyone had their window switches wear like this after 4 months??
  6. G

Ha Ha... Buyer beware.

Anyone looking for a secondhand Golf.. Stay away from this. http://www.carpoint.com.au/used-car/VOLKSWAGEN/GOLF/Victoria/2247291.aspx The dealer is selling this car as a 2.0TDI as that is what he bought it as. It is in fact a 1.9TDI. The VIN has been confirmed it is also. That and it is...
  7. G

Dealers can be nice...

Last week I noticed that the bolts on the drivers door hinge were only finger tight :thumbup: . I rang the dealer and booked it in so they could check the rest of the car. There was also the problem with the rattle in the rear (not the seats.. already checked) and the sunglass holder that keeps...
  8. G

My car is falling apart!!

I was driving along last night and I started to hear a rattle in the door. I thought nothing of it and kept going on my merry way. When I got home and opened the door, a bolt fell out on the ground. It turns out that the bolts holding the hinges on the drivers door are only done up finger tight...
  9. G

Washed my car today... at home on stage 4 restrictions....

Using a Karcher presure washer fed from a bucket with water from the shower. This thing is awesome. 20l to do the whole car. The water is totally clean as it is collected while regulating the temp of the shower before you get in. 2 showers and your set. It is classed as grey water so you can...
  10. G

Scuff Plates

Hi all, Does anyone know where I can get a set of scuff plates for a 5 door MkV Golf? They are stupidly expensive at the dealer. Also, is anyone able to tell me if they are simply an insert with a sticky backng or a new piece that replaces the moulding that is already there? Thanks.
  11. G

Got a letter today.

My first thought was that it was about the recall that was happening in the US. I opened it up and it was a survey about my experience buying a VW. I promptly filled it out and posted it back. I was a little dissapointed that I couldn't add some of the things I wanted to as there was nowhere to...
  12. G

Speedo Question..

I noticed on the weekend that while sitting on 110 on the freeway, I was being overtaken. I went through one of those speed check things (one that I know to be fairly accurate) and the speed at 110 came up as 99?? I got a GPS off a guy at work tonight and did some research.. 60km to 90km on the...
  13. G

Picked it up today

Well, after 117 days I have finally picked up my Golf. It is a 1.9l TDI Comfortline, 6sp Manual with a sunfoof. Its no GTI but I like it. Went from a BA XR6 and a Renault Clio as a little runaround to only having the Renault. I am loving the extra room. Here are some shots that I thought I'd...
  14. G

Interior fabric protection.

Hi guys (and gals).. When it comes to the exterior of the car I'm prety much ok with what to and not to use however when it comes to the interior, I've got no clue. I expect to be taking delivery of my new Golf (1.9l TDI Comfortline) this week and I am wondering what the best product to use to...
  15. G

07 Golf and MP3?

Hi again... Does anyone know if the sterios on a normal 07 spec Golf (not gti) are MP3 compatable?
  16. G

OEM Foglights.

Hi everyone... Does anyone know what parts are required to to do a DIY foglight install on a Golf Comfortline and the cost involved? I have done a search but was unable to find anything. Also, is it easy enough for a DIY job? Thanks.
  17. G

How long from arrival??

Hi all, I just did some looking and found that my Golf was loaded on the Don Quijote on 5/10 and is due to arrive in Melbourne on 23/10.:thumbup: I was wondering how long it takes after arrival in Aust to delivery (to get complianced etc..)? Cheers..
  18. G

Dude..... Where's my car??

Hi All, I ordered my Golf (1.9L TDI) almost 2 and a half months ago. I checked with the dealer last week and it is still at a status of "scheduled for production". How much longer do you think it would be untill I at least get a VIN? I was origionally told the car would be a 4 month wait but...
  19. G

Bluetooth kit that uses the phone button.

Hi all. I did a quick search and came up with nothing so apolagies if this has already been covered (flame suit on and ready to go). I was looking over on VWvortex today and came across this. http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2723644&page=1 Has anyone here had this install done...
  20. G

Number Plate Frames

Does anyone know if something like this is available in Australia? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/European-Plate-Frame-euro-tag-holder_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ50451QQihZ001QQitemZ110017258306QQrdZ1 I have been to Autobarn and all they have is a protector that clips over the plate once it is...