GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. A

Glove box light cable dangling in footwell?!!

As title, the glove box light has never worked, so I took the cover off under the footwell, and found a little cable with a plug dangling down, used my continuity tester and it is connected to the plug in the light which is in the glove box, so this cable connects to something but I don't know...
  2. A

Jetta Central Locking Problem - Passenger Side Opens and Locks :s

As title, real pain in the ass this is!! When I open the car with the key, the passenger side opens and then locks, or just doesn't respond. I have to press the key a few times to get it to open. Any ideas what could be the problem? Jetta 2.0 TDI 2007
  3. A

Key remote intermittently missing the passenger lock?

When I unlock the car with the remote, the car sometimes unlocks all four doors, sometimes it unlocks the driver and two rear doors, leaving the passenger door locked. However when I am in the car and lock using the button on the door, all doors lock and unlock no problem. It was...
  4. A

Adding an AUX in to RCD310

Hi there, wonder if someone can answer this for me. There seems to be bits and bobs on this website about doing this, but none of them seem to cover the actual answer. I am looking for an AUX input for my RCD310, is there a specific part for this that I can just plug into the back of my head...
  5. A

Jumpy/Rough diesel engine on startup - Jetta 07 2.0Tdi BKR

As title really, it doesn't happen all the time, the car starts first time every time, 50% of the time it is fine no issues, but other times it will start with an almighty jerk which wobbles the whole car, and it doesn't feel normal. I know I am fault finding but I want to catch whatever is...
  6. A

Where can I wire my TomTom?

Want to wire in the TomTom to the car electronics, car is RHD does anyone know where I can take a feed from in the driver footwell!!!
  7. A

2.0Tdi 2007 Jetts Smoke Issues

Apparently according to the service dept, these engines do smoke a bit.... Basically a light puff of grey smoke on start up, then when putting the pedal to the metal I am getting sometimes black smoke, but mostly grey smoke. In the night is is very noticeable due to headlights shining through...
  8. A

Resistance and slight grunt from steering, but dealer say its normal?

Have a 07 Jetta 2.0Tdi, and am getting resistance from the steering when turning the wheel very fast, almost as if the rack is trying to keep up, and then a slight grunt noise every so often. My car has 50,000 miles on the clock, they said it is normal, and showed me a Touran which has the...
  9. A

What do you guys do with your TomToms?

Interested to see if someone has a special mount or a way to wire it into the car, would love to leave the mount neatly in the car somewhere!!
  10. A

If I unplug the MAF sensor, what will show up on VAG?

The car is going in to my dealer under warranty soon for a faulty Airflow sensor, the car drives awful with it connected, and much better with it disconnected. But I am worried, the engine light comes on, will the VAG system say it has been disconnected, or will it just generate a generic fault...
  11. A

Throttle bump / misfire - 07 Jetta TDI 2.0

Hey wondering if someone can shed some light on this one for me. Had the issue for a while, car is under the used warranty from VW but my dealer seem to be pretty poor when it comes to fault finding. Basically when driving, when I press the throttle driving through the gears the car will...
  12. A

Cheapest and easiest way to get VAG COM? USB.

Hey all, I need to do some code reading on my car and was wondering what the cheapest way is to get vag com usb system? Is it as simple as buying a cable and disc from ebay and installing on a windows machine? Help greatly appreciated.
  13. A

07 Jetta Missfiring/Hesitation when AC is on?

When the AC is on, when I am driving in the lower revs, the car seems to cutout for a split second, then go as normal, like a misfire. Doesn't do it when AC is off, if it does it is no where near as bad. Any ideas?? It's under warranty but the dealer is not very good.
  14. A

Handbrake Handle Issue 07 Jetta

Hey all, wondering if one of you could answer this for me. Had the Jetta in for a faulty handbrake, turned out to be a seized caliper, so they replaced one caliper. Anyways the handbrake is tight as ever now but I have noticed when you put it down, it basically rests on the trim of the...
  15. A

Front air vent always on?

Hey all, wonder if someone could help with this one. When the fans are on, the drivers side vent is always blowing air, even if they are directed to the window, to feet etc. any reason why this may be happening?
  16. A

Suggestions for iPhone mounting?

Hey all, I have the brodit system in my car and it mounts the iPhone well, only thing is I don't really want a Bluetooth kit because bt really screws the battery life up on the phone, so I am thinking if I can mount it as close as possible, I can use the built in audio. Does anyone have any...
  17. A

Should both side mirrors fold in?

Only the driver side mirror will pull in for when I use a auto car wash or park, they are not electrical I have to do it myself, but only the driver side will go in, is this normal? Or is it likely one of the mirrors has been refitted incorrectly.
  18. A

Any way to disable Rain Sensor?

Hey all, my 07 Jetta has auto wipers and they don't know whether they are coming or going, sometimes they work, sometimes they dont. I am sure I saw somewhere that a relay can be changed to put them back to standard intermittent wipers, but for the life of me I cant find the right thing, and...
  19. A

Retrofit steering wheel controls? 07 Jetta

Hey all, just wondering if you can retrofit audio controls on the wheel easily enough? I did this in my BMW before and the cables were there, is it the same story for the MK5 Jetta/Golf?
  20. A

Is there a way to open all locks with one press of the remote?

As the title really, getting stuck with this one as the button does not always register!