GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Mantooth

Curtain call

It's been a really long time since I updated this and I thought I would share a few things on my BRZ ownership since, um, June of last year (!!!). She presently sits at 15,900 miles and just went through what I can now say was the worst winter in the history of recorded Boston winters. I ran...
  2. Mantooth

Curtain call

Looking forward to that input on the camber bolts :thumbsup: My fun wheels/tires are craigslist pick-ups so while I'm not in a hurry to destroy the rubber I'm also not losing any sleep over burning it up either. Your FRS is a dedicated track car, yes? Mine is a DD so swapping pads/fluid is...
  3. Mantooth

Curtain call

I'm trying my best to stay away from suspension mods at least for now. When I bought it I may or may not have told the fiance things like: "This car is great stock, so you don't have to worry about me spending lots of money on parts ..." But ... Camber bolts are pretty cheap :thumbup:
  4. Mantooth

Curtain call

Thanks! And yes, yes it is. SMH. Not my best moment by a long shot. My brother is a bigger beer nerd than I am and neither of us saw that mess coming. Hoonery clouds the mind and encourages bad judgement. :D
  5. Mantooth

Curtain call

I think once more yes - I have two friends that want to go to the next one so that might do it for me. One with a WRX hatch and the other with a new IS250 (?!). Yesterday I had clay the ever-loving-shit out of my quarter panels to get all the tar off. Ridiculous. That runway is like...
  6. Mantooth

Curtain call

June 8, 2014 Mileage: 5,5XX AutoX a week ago with @DSGVW I was able to put the car through its paces with some new rubber and wheels. Mods since last time: Lower exhaust diffuser Summer wheels & tires for beating on Wheels are OZ Ultraleggeras in gold, 17 x 8, et51 and then wrapped them in...
  7. Mantooth

Curtain call

Thanks, I just got in from washing/claying ... again. It's funny how easy that is when you have a driveway. April 27th. Which is good cause I'll be in Puerto Rico next weekend. Would have sucked to miss it. What's your story? Maybe in? EDIT: Post wash sexy-time...
  8. Mantooth

Curtain call

No question - I spent for the driver and passenger sides too. Love em. Thanks! :drinking:
  9. Mantooth

Curtain call

April 12th, 2014 Current Mileage: 3,8XX No crazy mods 2 months after my last update but I have added a couple of small things. 1.) Magnoflo CBE - great deal off the local facebook 86 of New England group. Now my car has some great growl down low, no rasp or fart can, and a great set of tips...
  10. Mantooth

Curtain call

New (to me) wheel day! Here is the thread over at ft86club.com: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1496865#post1496865 Thinking about some dip to make these suckers into copper. Thoughts?
  11. Mantooth

Post pictures of your pet here!!

A shit picture but it was the best pose my cat Pollos ever struck. He's a distinguished gentleman. And here he is in full focus. Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
  12. Mantooth

Curtain call

That review comment is to the brz as 'superior interior' is to the GTI. Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
  13. Mantooth

Curtain call

Can confirm. I personally find it a lot more fun to go close to 100% more of the time. If I ruin the car's character with some more grip than so be it. I'll be I could still get it loose but I suppose time will tell. Hell I haven't even had warm weather, I only bought it in December. Maybe...
  14. Mantooth

Curtain call

Kinda dumb though. Tempting fate without snows. Now that I have some summer wheels I'm going to dip the stockers and use those and the winter set. So ... Anyone want a set of barely used low rolling resistance Prius tires? Eh? ... Anyone? Bueller? Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
  15. Mantooth

Curtain call

I think Swift has got it pegged. I don't call mine a bunny ... Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
  16. Mantooth

Curtain call

Yea, though I won't lie I have planned routes home from the commuter station based upon elevation and road conditions. I almost got stuck once on a slight upwards incline immediately after coming to a stop for a light. Turned TC OFF, got into second and plowed through. Actually gave me some...
  17. Mantooth

Curtain call

I'm pretty excited about the weight. It won't be as dramatic for me on the BRZ (20.1 stock to 17) but should be a lot of fun either way. I can't believe how heavy those Detroits and Lagunas are! Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
  18. Mantooth

Curtain call

Well I just got the wheel portion squared away! Going to snag some 17 x 8 Gold OZ Ultras from a craigslist bro on Saturday. No idea on rubber yet but I plan to put it to good use so I may go a little more on lifespan than grip. Is the Vishnu the open flash tab and header? That seems to be...
  19. Mantooth

Curtain call

Aw shucks, thanks! I suppose it was really a curtain call for MY vee dub I'll be keeping this thread updated with my BRZ adventures and pics. If I start a new thread I'll link it over. Anyway, I plan on auto crossing with people I met through this forum come spring so I'll be burning rubber...
  20. Mantooth

Curtain call

Not so bad - just can't get comfy or cocky. My rule has been to only ask the tires to do one thing at a time: brake, accelerate, turn - one at a time. Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk