GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. X

Passenger door handle (exterior) coming apart - any tips?

Something strange has happened to my passenger side door handle a few weeks ago - the "thumb" portion (where the key could go, if our passenger side doors were keyed) began to separate from the assembly: The whole thing is holding together alright, but it all seems very fragile... I would...
  2. X

FS: MKV H&R Sport Lowering Springs

FS: MKV H&R Sport Lowering Springs - $175 shipped. Average lowering (2006-2007 front: 1.5" rear: 1.4") (2008+ front: 0.9" rear: 0.8"). Installed:
  3. X

Pulley Pictorial - Stock vs. ECS vs. Fluidampr

I recently installed a Fluidampr pulley and thought I'd take a minute to share some thoughts on stock vs. ECS lightweight vs. Fluidampr. The first aftermarket pulley I tried was from ECS. This pulley is much lighter than stock, but it is the same size - it isn't an under-drive pulley. I...
  4. X

FS: ECS Lightweight Crank Pulley

SOLD: ECS Lightweight Crank Pulley *SOLD* ECS Lightweight Performance Pulley for MKV GTI w/ (6) new OEM crank pulley bolts - $100 shipped. Stock Pulley: 3.70 lbs. ECS Pulley: .65 lbs.
  5. X

FS: PWRHAUS DV Spacer

FS: PWRHAUS DV Spacer *SOLD* Like new PWRHAUS DV Spacer. I bought this just to see how it compares to the Forge spacer (they sound identical). $40 shipped.
  6. X

VCDS Weirdness - No Timing Advance?

I just ran a log of Block 020 to see what timing looks like post-water/meth install and had really bizarre readings... I didn't think the software was even reading properly because it continuously showed 0 degrees, so I did a full log on the way to the store. I've got four rows of 0's, except...
  7. X

Hub Centric Ring Help

Quick question guys. My friend bought a 2012 Audi Q5 Premium Plus and immediately threw a new set of wheels on it. I picked up his stock wheels and want to put them on my '07 GTI. The wheels are 18" (I believe OE tire size was 235/60-18) and same bolt pattern as my GTI, but the hubs on my...
  8. X

V-Band Clamps (Exhaust Q)

Can V-Band clamps be tightened enough to prevent rotations of the constituent parts of an exhaust system? I recently picked up a Eurojet catback and I'm having an issue with a long stretch of it rotating and hanging lower than I would like. I feel like it could use an added hanger, but I...
  9. X

FS: CXRacing Coilovers

FS: CXRacing Coilovers SOLD SOLD I bought these used back in April - FWIW, the previous owner said he logged "less than 100 miles" on them; I have since put another 5k on them. They are fixed dampening and go pretty low. PM or post with any questions.
  10. X

So You Want to Run a FMIC, but Leaving the Stock IC in there Bugs You?

We all know there are three options for upgrading you intercooler: replace the stock unit with a S3/Eurojet/APR "OEM upgrade", disconnect the stock intercooler and run something like a BSH or Neuspeed dedicated FMIC, or use a "twin cooler" system like Forge or Godspeed to utilize a FMIC core as...
  11. X

FS: Forge DV and Spacer

$150 shipped OBO. Everything is in great shape and ships with everything you need to install (boost tap, hoses, bolts, etc.).
  12. X

Boost Leak - Not DV, Not PCV

My girlfriend recently picked up a 2006 DSG MKV GTI (to match my 2007). The car recently began to throw CEL, which a Vagcom scan blamed on a boost problem (it said to check the DV). The car she bought came with an aftermarket Forge DV, so we ditched that part and installed a Rev D stock unit...
  13. X

My Revo Stage 1 Review

I got my car flashed to Revo Stage 1 a few days ago - I thought I would take a moment to throw up my initial impressions. My car has few mods right now - only a BSH TrueSeal intake and BSH/Forge DV Relocation. I had the shop set the tune as aggressively as possible for 93 octane - about an...
  14. X

Installed Boost Gauge - Couple Questions

I just installed a "center vent" New South Performance boost gauge, but I ran into some trouble. First, does anyone have any tips for removing the "front trim face" from the vent assembly? I was able to peel it open wide enough to get the gauge mount piece inside, but it's not lined up 100%...
  15. X

BSH DV Relocation - A Review, Complaints, Questions

This is a VERY preliminary review - I have a grand total of 30 miles on this kit, but I have some comments about the design and questions that will no doubt be persistent. My GTI came with a rev C DV, and I wanted to switch to a "better" setup to avoid trouble downrange. I already have the BSH...
  16. X

BFI Clean Catch Crankcase Oil Separator DIY

I just picked up a Black Forest Industries "Clean Catch" oil separator - it seems like a really nice catch can option. I decided to go with this particular can because the design seemed somewhat different from the other options on the market, it looks OEM when installed, and the folks at BFI...
  17. X

"Premium" Catch Can Poll

I've read tons of threads on this, but I'm still undecided... I was leaning strongly towards the 42DD Catch Can because it looks easiest to disassemble and the 4-layer baffles looks to be high quality, but it seems like Forge and Black Forest Industries make quality products as well. The Forge...
  18. X

Intake, PCV, DV Question

New owner, first time poster - everyone's favorite... :cool: I've done a lot of reading and it seems like the DV and PCV are two sources of trouble with the 2.0T motor, and if I'm going to fix/upgrade one thing I might as well do it all... I would like to install a BSH True Seal intake, 42DD...