GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. A

Turbo noise after unitronic stage 1+?

Following up as promised, this was a super fun project but not one I'd recommend unless you're really looking to learn. It is absolutely going to cost more than just going out and getting a gauge, definitely not nearly as fun though. I know a helluva lot more than I did when I started this :)...
  2. A

Spot on! I've purchased a MAP sensor and the plan is to wire that back to the arduino using i2c after setting up all of the requisite taps of course MAP sensor for reference : https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07L9S65B3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Unfortunately I'm...
  3. A

Current very busy at work but expect to get some time to get back to it in the next few weeks. I've been tinkering with one of those cheap OBD2 bluetooth units and had it reporting back to a raspberry pi that used my cell phone data connection to log back to Google Cloud where I can get some...
  4. A

Water in spare tire well

Ugh, sorry for the late reply I had marked to follow this and get updates but they never came through. Yeah so what I did was pull back the trim where those vents sit and spray the rear bumper area with a hose and water was coming out of the vent so hopefully that's it. So assuming it's that...
  5. A

Water in spare tire well

Whenever it rains I get water in the spare tire well. Thanks to all of the previous posts I've been able to track source of the leak to the one of the air pressure vents (turns out there is one on both sides). I understand that I need to take the rear bumper off to get to them, I've got all...
  6. A

I'm an asshole and never followed up on this. I did/do not have a boost gauge install; currently my working on home brewing one with an arduino though so will post a good how to with code and part #'s included when finished. I did replace it with the OEM Rev D diverter valve and that seemed to...
  7. A

I have a 2008.5 TSI and just got the unitronic stage 1+ tune. I've not upgraded the coil packs yet but that'll happen in the next few weeks. About a day after getting the tune I got a p0299 error but cleared it and it hasn't come back. I've noticed I hear the turbo more now that I've gotten the...
  8. A

Hidden Hitch installation?

I recently purchased a 2009 4 door GTI (best decision ever!) and would like to install a class 1 hitch to accomodate a Yakima Hold Up bike carrier. I've been looking at the installation guide for a Hidden Hitch and it just looks too damn easy. I'm sure someone has installed one of these. Is...