GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. G

Questions about swapping Denvers for Detroits

Hi, These questions have probably all been answered before, but probably not all in the same thread. They should be pretty straightforward... I have a 2007 MK5 GTI with 17" Denvers. Been looking for a set of used 18" Detroits and seem to have found a set in good condition mounted on...
  2. G

Cost of new Detroits?

My local dealership has a set of brand new Detroit's with Dunlops which were taken off a new GTI they sold recently. I'm seriously interested in buying them to upgrade from my Denvers, especially because I'll need to replace my tires in a year or less anyway. How much should I be willing to pay...
  3. G

Anyone from BC looking for a set of Denvers?

I may very well have a set of 17" Denvers available here in Vancouver - just looking to see if there is any interest from someone nearby. They are in fairly good condition, a few scrapes but nothing major. Two of the wheels come with Continentals that have ~ 1-2 years of tread left. The other...
  4. G

Going from 17" Denvers to 18" Huffs

So I bought my used 2007 GTI about 10 months ago - its the base model (with 17" Denvers) which was fine with me because it had less than 40,000km and I was more interested in getting one with low miles in good condition than one loaded with options, but now every time I see a GTI with 18" Huffs...
  5. G

APR Chip Stage 1 - actual experiences?

I have a stock 2007 GTI, was looking at doing the APR Stage 1 chip, but wanted some info from people who have already done it. Basically, I want to know the pros and cons of it - seems to me like its a pretty cheap way of adding some significant power/torque. But specifically, I'm wondering...