GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. S

ugh!

VW says that they will not help me at all after they messed up an oil change and I ran my car with no oil for a couple minutes, right after that white smoke on decel, ive posted here about it alot, but now after fighting a lot they wont help, and say they dont have conclusive evidence. i need...
  2. S

car drinking a lot of oil

1500 miles in since my oil change, and i have halfway left on the dipstick, where the little circle is, my car burps out a lot of white smoke on deceleration, and has ever since i put on my downpipe (catless) but this was also the time in which VW messed up my oil change and i ran it with very...
  3. S

question about ECS PCV valve

i ordered the pcv valve, the gasket and the breather tube as well. and looking at the breather tube, it doesnt seem like it will fit the pcv valve? http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Golf_V--2.0T/Search/ES1928558/ thats what i got, with the pcv P version? will it fit ok, its raining really...
  4. S

pcv valve ecs?

the two that i found were the version "E" and version "P" I could not find any other versions. has anyone recently ordered that can help me out which one i should get, because isnt E pretty much like the one i already have i have done some searching and people are saying G is the new one, but...
  5. S

does compresson/leakdown test turbo?

I wanted the dealership to test my turbo as well, when they called they said that the compression and leakdown test results were all fine, my question is, how does that check for proper functioning of the turbo?
  6. S

bad turbo?

2006 dsg gti stage 2 w/ 3inch catless Downpipe some might have read my thread about VW putting on a faulty seal on the oil filter when they did the oil change. then my "no oil pressure warning light" came on, 1 minute later i stopped the car (mainly stopped for that minute trying to turn into...
  7. S

need cv boot fixed

i was looking for this same part on ECStuning.com: http://www.dbcperformance.com/40754087_p/40754087.htm couldnt find it, also it is my passenger side that is torn, would the part above be ok to get, seems like it would fit just fine, and i was also debating buying the 30$ CV boot replacement...
  8. S

after massive oil leak white smoke

I just got done with a huge oil leak caused by a defect in the seal that volkswagon put on the oil filter during the oil change. I ran the oil very low because i did not know that i had no oil because i just had it changed. i did stop the car 30 seconds after the oil warning came on. i put in...
  9. S

massive oil leak

my cars computer freaked out on me saying there was no oil and to park the car, so i did, chcked it, and had no oil, (2 days after my oil change from volkswagon) so i put 3 quarts in it, and turned it on, it is leaking oil from the bottom, it leaked 3 quarts in a 25 minute drive, smoke out the...
  10. S

torn cv boot at axle clamp :(

VW said they discovered a torn cv boot at axle clamp, and they showed it to me how the grease was coming out a little bit. VW dealership said it would be 280$ to replace and that i best do it quickly (within a month or 2). What do you all think, past experiences etc... 2006 gti 56000 miles
  11. S

after downpipe install

i installed my downpipe yesterday (2006 gti dsg), everything went ok, no leaks really and pretty secure on there, but my only question is that now when i am at idle my cars seems to lose mpgs quicker, probably .1mpg every 5 seconds, after about a 5 minute drive, is this normal? i just thought it...
  12. S

gasket question?

i am installing my catless DP 2mrw 3 inch to my 2006 gti, where can i get the gaskets for them? is there a special gasket you need? and how many? thanks guys
  13. S

ECS tuning PCV valve question

http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Golf_V--2.0T/Search/Pressure_Control_Valve/ES1843952/ I am hesitating ordering the PCV because it says must be used in conjunction with updated breather pipe. I searched and the guy that did it said he had no problem doing it with the 2007, but i have a 2006...
  14. S

Code P000A?

2006 gti dsg, 55000miles, cruise control going 65mph, engine light came on, threw code P000A. 3000 miles ago had cam, fuel pump, and cam follower replaced, just installed an intake a week ago, have been messing with it the past couple days to get it tight, neuspeed p flo. what could the code...
  15. S

need help finding a downpipe

I have been searching for so long now, i keep finding them with 30$ shipping fees, i am just looking for a 2.5 or 3 inch catless for 150$ or less, i keep finding them but with a 30$ shipping fee, did anyone get theres for a straight 150$ that can tell me where? thanks
  16. S

does the neuspeed p flo heatshield help?

I was too lazy to put it on, looked dumb, should i go back and install it or does it not do much of anything?
  17. S

going stage II, advice please

I have been looking for a downpipe for the past 2 nights, on ebay, and various other websites, i am looking to find a 3 inch that will do the job, no CEL, and catless most likely because i am trying to find the cheapest one, i heard people got some for 100$-150$ on ebay, but i am only finding...
  18. S

Downpipe question

I am APR stage 1 and have an intake, and only need the downpipe to go stage 2. the only reason i have hesitated is because all of the downpipes on youtube that i have listened to make the car sound like shit. i would not spend a lot of money on a downpipe, so are there any dps that make the car...
  19. S

neuspeed intake install/review

so pretty much ill sum it up, im dumb. Install was going great until trying to get the turbo inlet piping off, its such a bitch to get in there with the pliers i had. so i tried taking off the piping for the coolant. being not too car competent i didnt know doing so would squirt coolant...
  20. S

I was bored, so i made this video (part II)

hope you enjoy yYI4q2o9mpg&feature=youtube_gdata_player