GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. J

Who Sells a Banjo Bolt Replacement?

I looked on DBC but couldnt find it. Do I have to get it from the dealer?
  2. J

Does This Look Normal??

I noticed some oil around my filler cap today. Is this something to worry about? If so, what would I look to do next? I know this is common with PCV failure, but ive replaced the stock with a BSH VTA CC. Any ideas? http://http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc367/Jrwade5891/362a7a58.jpg...
  3. J

Man... Do I want my car back!!!

So some guy ran his Range Rover into the back of my car last week, and its been in the shop for a week. Now, Im never really bummed to drive a rental because Im always interested in driving cars Ive never driven before. This time though, I was blessed to be given a... ...*drum roll*...
  4. J

Any Idea Why...

...my damn fuel filter cap light keeps going on after getting tuned? I keep checking the damn cap and its fine. Edit* Scan shows evap system leak, both gross and small.
  5. J

Acceleration Wobble

I made a thread a month ago about this and some said it was an alignment issue. It really doesnt seem to be. No matter what my speed is, the car is very stable and straight. But when im around 80, if i accelerate AT ALL, the car wobbles like a mother. When i let off, it settles down, even at...
  6. J

The Ole Rattle N Shake...

75K on the clock, and im starting to hear and feel some fatigue in the GLI. When I start pulling away, i here a loud rattle from under the car. I havent been able to lift it yet but it sounds like maybe the exhaust, and im hoping its not clutch related. Once i reach about 20mph, its gone. Next...
  7. J

APR Sale in September??

I know their H2O thing is going on at the end of September, but does anyone know if they will be running a universal sale on fully loaded ECUs, or if you have to be present at the event to get the sale? Im ready to go stage 1 and am very excited. Just wanna know a general time frame for when the...
  8. J

Intake Filter Damage??

I bought a BSH intake awhile back, and it has a small dent in the actual filter. Ive been running with it like this for some time, and havent noticed any issues. Are there problems that could arise from a small dent in the air filter?
  9. J

Sweet lord jesus, please help

Replacing rotors and pad on a mkv, all are completed except rear passenger. The top M14 WILL NOT break loose. Any ideas??!?
  10. J

Good VW shop in NOVA/DC area

So Im new to VWs (driving my first), and am pretty anal about my cars. I dont like random shops working on em. Anybody know of any reputable VW shops in the area that know what they are doing and have decent prices? Thanks!
  11. J

R32 Rear on a GLI??

Was just curious whether this is possible/ has ever been done on a GLI. Ive only ever seen it done on GTIs. If anybody knows of this being done... Pictures??
  12. J

62K GLI Stage 1 Safe??

So Ive got an 06 GLI with EJ PCV fix and BSH intake. I will be installing a Rev D diverter soon. Is it ok to introduce stage 1 to a motor with 62,000mi??? I know its pretty high mileage and I am dying to go stage 1, but wont do it if there is a chance I could really screw the motor up. 3 Thoughts?
  13. J

Oil on Spark Plugs

Took my car in for the coil recall and they are telling me there is oil on the spark plugs and I need to replace the valve cover seal for $400. She says I could risk it and just have them replace the coils and not the seal. Will it be ok do just replace the coils? What are the chances that is...
  14. J

Cylinder 3 misfire and subsequent tow

Had the car for a couple months and before i got a chance to use the coil recall, one went bad. VW is fixing it right now, but they wont pay for the tow to the dealership. Is this normal?
  15. J

Windshield Wipers

So My windshield wipers havent worked since I bought the car used a couple months back. Now that Im learning a bit more about these cars, im a little worried my car was running a W/M setup before I owned it. My headlight washers work, just not my winshields. Would this makes sense? Im just...
  16. J

Plug

Without further adieu...
  17. J

FS: FSI Engine Cover/intake

Ive got the complete FSI engine cover and stock intake assembly for sale if anybody needs one. Its here ready to ship whenever payment is sent. SOLD!!
  18. J

Plug

Ive got an 06 GLI and Ive noticed a small male plug by the passenger side fog light. I looked in the manual, but can figure out what its for. Can anybody enlighten me??
  19. J

Happy Raven6t9 Customer

Just wanted to share my thoughts on Raven6t9's noise pipe delete plug and my overall impressions of the noise pipe delete mod. First, the plug is definately a quality piece. I got the new style with the allen screws to tighten the plug down. Looks great and fit is PERFECT. Now, I have only had...