GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. T

Air Ride Help In Jacksonville/Sneads Ferry NC

Is anyone located around Jacksonville or Sneads Ferry (or anywhere around base really) interested/available to do/help me do an air install on my MkV GTI?
  2. T

Quick Question About Needs vs Wants With Kit

I am going to be ordering this air ride kit within the next week and was wondering if I actually need an air trap, the power kit, and wireless key fob (mentions specifically that these are not included) or if those are considered more of "luxury/unnecessary" items...
  3. T

From Those Who Have Lived There...

My wife and I are looking into moving to California when I get out of the military. I have one last deployment to do (after 5 years and 2 combat deployments) and I will be gettting out roughly 5 months by the time I make it home. The plan right now is that my wife will move out there about a...
  4. T

NC State Inspection Question

I just failed my NC State Inspection because of my window tint (12%) I have seen a lot of cars around that have really dark tint and I was wondering if there is a way to sort of get around the tint law or if there is a certain place people take their cars to for the inspection that kind of...
  5. T

Soulja Boy "F**K the Troops"

Was wondering if anyone else had seen/heard this. Soulja Boy came out with some new retarded song (big surprise) and about 40 seconds in he says fuck the FBI and Army troops too. I know there are a lot of retired and other active duty guys on here who might be interested. :fighting0030...
  6. T

Just Put On

New license plate
  7. T

WTB/WTT: MkV Jetta chrome front

I am looking to buy a chrome jetta front (no holes please) Will also trade for my GTI front
  8. T

Alcantara

Where the hell can I buy this fabric from? I have looked at a few fabric stores around here, looked on ebay, looked on amazon, did google searches that don't really turn up anything, and I never see it for sale in classifieds here or on the tex. Anyone have any for sale please pm me, but...
  9. T

Weekend Vaca.

My wife and I just got back from a weekend trip up to the American side of Niagara falls. Here is a small selection of pictures from the trip. Standing in line for the Maid of the Mist Bridge leading from America to Canada American Falls Canadian Falls Canadian skyline...
  10. T

Best Road Crossing Sign Ever

Quick pic I snapped on the way to the golf course
  11. T

Watch Enthusiast

I am a bit of a watch enthusiast/collector (meager collection right now) and I was wondering if anyone else is interested in timepieces. Please post pictures. My collection as it stands now (minus 2 or 3) (sorry for the big pics) Emporio Armani: Bulova: Fossil: Guess Steel: Like I...
  12. T

Camber Kits

Can anyone show me a link of where to buy front and rear camber kits that will fit my '09 with these coilovers? http://www.dbcperformance.com/CVW051_KP_p/cvw051-kp.htm I am kind of lost because all the ones I can find are for older model gti's and I don't know how to tell which ones to get...
  13. T

Not Slammed, but Better than Stock

Just installed KSport Kontrol Pros yesterday. Maxed out in back with perches still in, 4 threads left on front. Click image for bigger pictures Before: After:
  14. T

Indecisive Fault = Head Scratching

I went to take my car out this morning and it threw an EPC light, then after idling for a minute the light went away. I pulled out of the driveway and about a mile down the road the light came on again and the car wouldn't rev past 2500 with the pedal mashed. I didn't hear anything weird and...
  15. T

Parkour

I don't know if anyone does this once underground sport that is now rising in popularity, but if so, post some pictures or videos up in here of it. Also, tell stories of your favorite sessions and where you do it. A couple of my friends and I started doing it just for fun (nothing serious)...
  16. T

Non-colormatched Lowers?

So painting my lowers is on my list of upcoming mods that I will be doing within the first couple weeks of getting my car back. Along with coils (in the mail) yellow bulbs, and platidip grille. I was bored today and started thinking about what my TR would look like if I didn't paint the lowers...
  17. T

I am an Indecisive Person

I am looking at some new wheels for my 09 TR GTI. The only problem is I can never make up my mind. I thought I had found the ones I wanted... until I found about 4 more that I wanted. I will be on KSport coils before these go on (coils are in the mail) so who can give me any insight into the...
  18. T

Lenient PA Inspection?

Does anyone know anywhere around the Pittsburgh area where they are kind of lenient on the PA inspection? I am living in NC (where my TR is registered) and I when I move back home to PA I am going to want to register my car there (I can't stand the thought of driving around on a NC plate, let...
  19. T

Textured or Sanded?

I am thinking about painting my lowers when I get a chance and I can't decide if I want to sand them smooth first or paint them textured for a little bit of a different look. I have only ever seen smooth so I don't know how it would without sanding. Has anyone seen them painted textured? Any...
  20. T

Stage1+CEL=?

I have searched the forums and I noticed that everyone who gets stage1 flash always talks about a CEL coming on. I have also noticed that on most if not all videos on youtube of GTIs racing with stage1+ have a CEL. What exactly is the cause of it? What does the computer think is wrong and is...