GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. D

Caption contest time!

Can't tell which one is more stupid: The dog or the driver.
  2. D

My GF doesn't coast while driving

I solved that problem by insisting to drive, and my wife doesn't even want me in the car if I'm not driving. :)
  3. D

The Model 3 ruined my life

Q: How do you fuel up your car at a gas station if there isn't any power? A: You can't. If you're lucky, you've got a half tank or more of fuel in your car. Or if you're equally lucky with an E car, your battery is halfway or more charged. Either way, an individual needs to conserve...
  4. D

The capability would depend on the size of the generator. It is just a matter of how long it would take to get to whatever level of charge you would need. I merely suggested it as a way to deal with an infrequent emergency situation, not something to do on a regular basis...
  5. D

A portable gas generator would be a good purchase for an electric car owner that was concerned about infrequent power outages. Bonus is that it can be used to power things in your home as well. Heck, if you live in an area with frequent power outages, having a gas generator almost becomes a...
  6. D

^Okay, that was funny and unexpected. Nicely done... :)
  7. D

If owning a Tesla turns me into a smug and pretentious person who can't tolerate someone else having a contrary opinion to my own, then I'll take a hard pass... :geek: I've driven one Model 3, and two Model S, and I mostly enjoyed the experience, mainly the acceleration. However, the exterior...
  8. D

Pictures of you dog(s)

We all wish it were still this warm:
  9. D

Pictures of you dog(s)

Great photo, and sorry for your loss.
  10. D

Pictures of you dog(s)

My Australian Shepherds demonstrating that the GTI does a nice job of "Haulin' Auss"... :D
  11. D

Automotive Industry Insight

"Never wrestle with a pig. You both get dirty, and the pig likes it." That's what social media and forums are like now. It's easy to share both worthless and valid opinions. And even easier to drag someone down into the mud. You'll always run across a few pigs, but they are by far the...
  12. D

What is your occupation?

^ Yeah, I've seen that happen to a number of older folks that aren't quite ready for retirement but don't have many job options. At least he has health care coverage and a steady job. The sales job is hearing no 90% of the time and being able to keep a positive attitude in moving forward to...
  13. D

What is your occupation?

I did sales for them for 1 year before I was able to get into the buyer position. There are certainly pros and cons to being a car salesman. You can't control the financial situation or intelligence of the customer that comes in the door. But sales people can control the process and pace for...
  14. D

What is your occupation?

I work as a buyer for Carmax. I inspect and test drive vehicles and appraise them at our dealership and buy them at auctions. Pretty fun job for an automotive enthusiast like myself.
  15. D

Veloster N

I like the fact that more competition from other manufacturers will force VW to keep making improvements to the GTI. We only owned a used 2011 Kia Sportage (former rental) from 30k to 60k, but had zero problems with it during that time frame.
  16. D

Recommendations for a suburban shop to do a clutch install?

My 07 with 63,000 miles is slipping (RPMS around 3000-4500 in 4th, 5th, or 6th gear) when I'm on my stage 1 tune, however, it's fine on the stock tune. I don't have plans to upgrade power, and I think I should be fine with an OEM unit to get me to 100,000 miles. I've seen others around the...
  17. D

Sparco Assetto Gara. Pics on stock ride height.

Have had these on the car since April... Got them from Tirerack in 17x7.5, 48mm offset. Finish has been durable with no chips, haven't bent anything on Chicago area crappy roads, and very happy with the value for a semi-light wheel (18.5 lbs). Side note: No going low for my GTI, as my other...
  18. D

FS: H&R sport springs. $120

SOLD!! Never installed. Same springs I bought from Mr Fugge last month. Decided I don't want to lower my daily driver. Selling for the same $120 that I paid him, which is a great deal and why I bought them impulsively in the first place! LOL I'm located in Aurora and can meet up most...
  19. D

Tungsten Carbide Ring. $150. Men's Size 8. Width 8mm. Free resizing and warranty.

Located in west Chicago suburbs... See Craigslist ad for actual pics This had previously been my wedding band. I received many compliments on the ring (more so than the ex-wife!). The ring looks as good as the day it was new, due to the virtually scratch proof nature of Tungsten Carbide. I...
  20. D

Does anyone stay stock ride height?

Seems like most folks here love the look of a dropped GTI, and I have to agree, it does look a bit better with less wheel gap. But there seems to be a disregard for how it may ride or affect the car's daily driveability. Maybe I'm alone in thinking that I like the way the car rides as it is...