GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. 2006UG

Help! Valve Cover Bolt Torque Pattern?

Hey guys, I'm planning on replacing my spark plugs and valve cover gasket today, but I need to know what pattern to tighten the bolts in. I know that there's a picture showing the pattern floating around, but the link to that picture is broken. If anyone has that image, or can explain what...
  2. 2006UG

Burning oil, splattered on engine

Hey guys, super issue going on. Just drove home from my grandparents house tonight, it was around -28 C (-33 F) when I was driving. That's cold. Anyway, drove for around 30 minutes, very gently to let it warm up, and ended up getting on it for a few pulls through third and fourth. Felt...
  3. 2006UG

Chrome shield for honeycomb?

Hey guys, I have a (more or less) stock front on my gti. I'm wondering if there is a chrome shield that I can buy to attach to the black painted part of my current shield, and keep the stock honeycomb? I think this could look really good, perhaps with chrome mirror caps as well, but I don't...
  4. 2006UG

Splash guard / mud flap fitment

Hi guys, I want to get some mud flaps for my 2 door gti, but I really don't want to have to pay new price at the dealer. Will mk5 jetta flaps fit on my car? I'm okay with drilling holes. Thank you!
  5. 2006UG

Turbo flutter or flutterdump question (vid inside)

Hey guys, ever since I installed my intake - Eurojet True CAI, some of my shifts have sounded weird. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIK-XkrV1xY This mostly happens when i get some boost, let off quick and then pop it a little throttle. Have a listen to the video and tell me if you guys have...
  6. 2006UG

Boost Leak? Logging suggestions

Hey guys, I think my car may have a boost leak, feels slouchy low-midrange where the boost is highest. I'm going to go log my car right now with vag com. Only mod is a eurojet CAI. Anyway - I'm planning on logging: Diverter valve Specified boost Actual boost Rpm Any other suggestions...
  7. 2006UG

DIY noise pipe block off

Hey guys, Recently I've been having some boost leaks, prompting me to want to simplify the pressurized intake section of my fsi. The noise pipe is stupid. Most people can agree on that. Would it be feasible to clamp a silicone intercooler style coupling onto the throttle pipe, with a pvc end...
  8. 2006UG

Boost leak from noise pipe

Hey guys, I took off my noise pipe for reasons: long story. Anyway, drove to the vw dealership to get a part to replace something broken, and on the way back (20 minutes of driving) my fsi developed a massive boost leak. Popped the hood, saw the back left (when looking at engine bay from the...
  9. 2006UG

Body work done, no clear under hood?

Hey guys, this is kind of weird, but i just got my car back from the body shop, long story short, they replaced the hood. now, today i just checked my oil, and it looks like they didn't spray clear under the hood! this isnt normal, is it??
  10. 2006UG

WTB: wiper delete plug

Title pretty much sums it up. There is no Lowes near where I live, so I can't find a Hillman 1" nylon plug. I'm in Canada, but shipping could be worked out. Let me know! thanks
  11. 2006UG

Question about fuses

Okay I'm hoping I don't seem to be completely inept electrically, but truthfully that's not far from the truth haha I'm looking to install my new podi setup, but really have no idea how I should be getting power from my fuse box. Basically my understanding so far is: I could remove the fuse...
  12. 2006UG

Eurotuner Nov. Issue

Hey guys, I'm wanting to pick up a copy of Eurotuner to find the coupon code for the podi deal thats going on right now, but I have no idea where to find the mag! I live in canada :smile: :laughabove: haha If anyone could point me in the right direction thatd be awesome :headbang: Thanks guys!
  13. 2006UG

MFD oil temp?

Hey guys, not sure where to post this Found out that european mkvi gti's can tell you the oil temperature. Does anybody know if that would be at all possible on our cars? 06 gti thanks!
  14. 2006UG

Waxing Procedure Questions

Hey guys, planning on doing some paint correction and protection on my united gray gti this week, and want to make sure i'm going to do it properly :biggrin: Planned steps: 1. 2 bucket wash w/ microfibers 2. clay w/ megs. smooth surface kit 3. hand polish as needed with Megs. medium-cut...
  15. 2006UG

Question about oil

hey guys, i've tried to do some research, but i can't find anything conclusive: On our engines, how long does it take for oil to heat up to operating temperature? Would it generally correspond with the coolant temperature? like after xx minutes of 190 degree coolant, should be good? sorry for...
  16. 2006UG

Shuffle on stock head unit?

hey guys, sorry for the idiot question but... I can't find out how to shuffle an mp3 cd in my 2006 gti. ive got the non-nav unit. isnt there generally supposed to be a shuffle, mix, or random button? am i just retarded and my eyes don't work and there actually is a button? thanks guys
  17. 2006UG

When to change cam follower?

Hey guys, i'm around 38000 miles on my 2006 GTI, and my cam follower still has a black ring of that "stuff" around the edge on it. the metal in the middle has some scratching on it. does this mean i need to change it? how much wear is okay for the camshaft? thanks, adam
  18. 2006UG

Mkv manual launch?

Hey guys, I've got a 2006 6spd standard gti, and I'm looking for some tips on how to launch. Anything would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Adam
  19. 2006UG

PCV dump

Hey guys, I've been looking into catch cans lately, and they seem like a great thing for our fsi engines. I've tried to find information on whether or not the vapor going into them is under pressure. Would it be possible for me to just attach a hose to the pcv and run the vapor and all that...
  20. 2006UG

Water Meth Octane?

Hey guys, if i were to go stage two tune and get water meth, would i need to run a 100 octane program to get the most out of the extra octane from the meth? Or would i still get all the extra power if I only had a 91 octane program? Thanks in advance