GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. E

brake booster replacement DIY?

i'm getting a hissing noise from my brakes that stops when i press the brake pedal. i'm thinking my booster needs to be replaced. has anyone done this? is there a DIY out there? how long does it take? also, are there any VCDS codes i can read to narrow it down to the brake booster or not?
  2. E

anyone replaced their brake booster?

i'm getting the hiss from the booster that stops when i push on the brake pedal, so i guess i'm going to have to replace it. is it worth doing yourself, or is this something to take to a mechanic? it looks like the booster is $230 by itself on ecstuning, i'd imagine labor will be another few...
  3. E

does anyone have an '09 mkv fuse diagram?

specifically, for the one in the engine compartment. in the manual, the layout diagram is wrong, so who knows if the text description are correct. even if they are correct, they're incomplete. i'd assume the fuse box in the cabin is probably wrong too. i'm really not sure how they could...
  4. E

anyone tried a kenwood KSC-SW10?

i'd like to add a little bottom end to my car's audio, and was considering the basslink. it's kinda big though, and i don't want to take up all my cargo space. i came across the KSC-SW10, and it has pretty good reviews... anyone here have firsthand experience with it? KSC-SW10 on amazon
  5. E

south bay area wheel alignment?

my car's pulling a bit to the right, and i want to get it aligned (after only 7k miles, :frown: ). anyway, can anyone recommend a good shop for alignment in the south bay? i was thinking of trying custom alignment in mountain view...
  6. E

power for reverse camera?

this weekend i'd like to install a reverse camera to go with my aftermarket HU. the power leads for the camera are stripped up at the HU end, implying that i should tap into power up there. obviously i only want the camera powered when i'm in reverse... so where can i tie it in? thanks!