GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. M

Driveshaft pullled out from transaxle

Let me first apologize if this sounds like a rant, but I'm still a little pissed. :mad: So the story goes like this. I was driving home and was only about a block from my house. I took a somewhat hard right turn and got on the throttle a little bit in second up to the next stop sign. As I...
  2. M

MK7 GTI to get 260hp!

Didn't see a thread on this yet, see link below: http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/scoop/new-golf-gti-gets-260bhp Could it be true? Last reports I heard was that it would only be getting 220-230hp. If this is true, surely they must be throwing in a K04 turbo. I can only imagine what the...
  3. M

CV Boot Tear

So I was changing the oil the other day and I noticed that my CV boot on the drivers side was torn all the way around the axle. It was torn along the clamp so I don't know if it was over tightened or what, the passenger side boot looked fine. Anyone else have a similar issue or know what could...
  4. M

Intake Manifold Flapper

I was trying to go WOT in second gear earlier today and my car went into limp mode and the MIL went on. I got home and vag'd it and I threw codes P3193 and P2004 which means it has to do wth the crappy manifold flappers.:mad: I know there is a TSB out there for this but I am out of warranty...
  5. M

An Alternative to catch cans & VTA???

Was doing a google search and came across this site at work today: http://www.intercharger.com Apparently they developed some type of catalyst that reduces all of the harmful gases that come out of the crankcase. They are also claiming that it will reduce the carbon build up in the intake...
  6. M

Dropping power at idle

Hey guys, as of 3 weeks ago I am a proud owner of a candy white 2007 GTI. The car had a few minor issues, brake lights out, cracked windshield, bald ass tires, but I got it for pretty cheap. It had 50000 on it when I bought it and didn't have any engine issues until now... This morning I was...