GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. bigbadvoodooguru

Rabbit floor mats, front grill, exhaust

Hi all, I sold my Rabbit a while ago and have been out of the MKV scene so let me know if my prices are way off. I am located in socal and would prefer not to ship anything, as the packages would be large. I have a gloss black mesh grill for the Rabbit, it has white vinyl covering the sides (I...
  2. bigbadvoodooguru

1991 MR2 Turbo

Selling my 1991 MR2 Turbo, clean title, will update miles when I check it (~130k miles?) Red in color, but needs new paint. T-tops. Turbo, 5 speed Things done: Pulled motor out: new timing belt, timing belt tensioner, new engine seals, new clutch, new lightweight flywheel new 1993+...
  3. bigbadvoodooguru

2009 CW 5speed Rabbit FS

2009 CW 5speed Rabbit SOLD Hi everybody, It is that time again, when you get an itch for a new car, one that meets new criteria that your current car just cant meet... For me, it is time to get back into a two seater, two door, RWD, with a roof that doesn't always have to be there... This is...
  4. bigbadvoodooguru

DIY illuminated door handles for $3

You are responsible for doing stuff to your own car... blah blah. This is NOT an OEM installation but it should (read: will) work on your car. I happen to not like the way the oem illuminated door handles work, both in how they look and how they function (they turn on only when it gets dark...
  5. bigbadvoodooguru

WTT: iphone MDI adapter for a USB MDI adapter.

WTT: iphone MDI adapter for a USB MDI adapter. (I have an extra iphone one, brand new in package)
  6. bigbadvoodooguru

Is the MDI wiring manual wrong?

Okay so I installed the MDI kit today, it works, but I am getting crappy sound out of it and all that ish, and when I was installing it the three wires (green, yellow, gray) that are audio signal (that go to the correct aux pins for a third-generation radio, since I had aux working correctly...
  7. bigbadvoodooguru

socal vagcom asap plz!

Hi everyone, to make the story short, I have a navi install that I am doing TODAY (tonight) that I need an authentic vagcom cable to do (mine won't read the MK6 CCM) I'd be willing to leave you with suitable collateral while I borrow the cable. Please get back to me asap if you'd be willing...
  8. bigbadvoodooguru

FRS PRICE RELEASED

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4328 $24,200 and you get a 200 HP RWD coupe with 6 speed and LSD. Deal.
  9. bigbadvoodooguru

Bluetooth help please.

I am putting in a RCD510 and am also getting the 9W2 module (not the wiring) that came with it. From what I read (and there is a lot to read) the module is from a MK6 white-display vehicle so it won't work with my red-display vehicle correct? I have a non-MFD non-MFSW Rabbit, but the bluetooth...
  10. bigbadvoodooguru

Anyone in Minneapolis a honest mechanic with a shop?

I am located in California. My girlfriend is a medical student in Minnesota. She is not car savvy at all but recently has been having some issues with her 2003 AWD Matrix. It is making funny noises, smells, and apparently guzzles gas. Her attempt to growl and imitate the noise is cute but not...
  11. bigbadvoodooguru

Question about illuminated interior door handles

When you enable it via vagcom how do they operate? Stylist you should know. Are they on when driving? Just when you take the key out? etc. I am going to put an LED in there but don't want them on when the vehicle is in motion. Otherwise I will make my own conditional circuit as to when it goes...
  12. bigbadvoodooguru

WTB silver pedals

Not sure how much these things are, want to buy the oem GTI dead pedal plate, clutch, brake, and accelerator pedal. Leave a comment if you know how much these usually go for.
  13. bigbadvoodooguru

S6 style LEDs with housings on sale.

Thought I'd share: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA08B07D5373&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&AID=10440897&PID=404255&SID=245666 $20 for S6 style LEDs. Looks to be an easy retrofit on our bar-style side grills (Rabbits at least).
  14. bigbadvoodooguru

DIY $16 automatic headlights when dark.

The fact that my car did not have automatic headlights that turn on when it gets dark and an old base model corolla with manual windows that is a decade older did has irked me for a long time. I have tried this project a while ago but put it on hold when I borked my light switch. Well I...
  15. bigbadvoodooguru

yay universal LED light strips on sale.

Thought I'd share... http://www.dinodirect.com/24-LED-Strip-Car-Lights-Flexible-Grill-Light-White.html?affid=348 Universal 12v LED light strips. I'd go for white ones and you can use it for various things like another trunk light or footwell lights. Or running board lights (instead of puddle).
  16. bigbadvoodooguru

Cheap A2DP Solution for those with aux

Bensbargains has this for $18 shipped: http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=108&cp_id=10827&cs_id=1082704&p_id=7364&seq=1&format=2 Which is the cheapest I have seen an A2DP bluetooth receiver. This one is powered off 5v USB and outputs to 3.5mm Then pick up one of these (I just...
  17. bigbadvoodooguru

Slipring on steering wheel

Does anybody know if there are any extra/open channels/pins on this part: not my picture just found it. I believe this is the slipring, and it basically allows conductivity between the rotating wheel and the rest of the car, which allows use of the airbag, horn, and MFSW buttons. Is this part...
  18. bigbadvoodooguru

Anyone local to Minneapolis...

Hey there, I'll be out visiting my girlfriend who is a medical student at the U sometime in the coming months most likely... she's got a awd toyota matrix out there that is having some issues. Is there anybody near the minneapolis area that would be willing to let me borrow a jack, jackstands...
  19. bigbadvoodooguru

Weird wiring issue with taillights

Okay so today I helped install some LED tails and I've done this before with no issues. Apparently the wiring on the vehicle was not stock and the plugs have been tampered with. Here is my past experience: Brown is always common ground, and thus should be common between all three of the...
  20. bigbadvoodooguru

DIY iphone/phone holder for 64 cents.

So I recent swapped my seats and I got a firsthand look at the proclip holder for iphones on the MKV... pretty simple looking stuff but I didn't especially like where they mounted it and I figured a way to mount it in the same spot without spending so much. Actually spending a whole lot less...