GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. S

Reliability Questions.

I'm in the market for a used MkV GTI. That being said, I have friends that are fully against that decision. I know VW's aren't the most reliable cars ever made. It's one of those 'pay to play' deals. Thing is, I'm coming from an '08 Pontiac G5 GT. Zero issues in the 1.5 years I've had it...
  2. S

Looking at an '07.

So, I'm looking at an '07 TR 2-Door DSG. 51,112 miles, Pre-loved. The carfax says it's got: Emissions inspection completed Engine checked Maintenance inspection completed Air filter checked Manufacturer's recommended maintenance performed State safety inspection completed Interior trim...
  3. S

Looking at an '07 4-Door DSG

I'm back again, still haven't found the GTI that I want. I'm going monday to look at an '07 4-Door TR with DSG. It's got 50k on it... When is it recommended to change the timing belt? I'm not so much worried about anything else because It's certified and comes with a lifetime powertrain...
  4. S

How many miles is everybody seeing out of a stock clutch?

I'm looking at buying an '06 BMP Pkg 2 with 45k on the clock. How worried should I be about the clutch? It was a lease vehicle from Cleveland. Dealer quoted me: $347 for pressure plate/clutch assy $795 for the flywheel $94.50 for the release bearing $550 for labor. German Speed Merchants...
  5. S

Need opinions on '06 Pkg 2.

I found an '06 Pkg 2 not too far away from here. Only problems are: It's black, and it has 45,000 miles on it. Good news: VW CPL, Pkg 2, and it's $15,795. I have $2k negative in my car, so that would put me financing right at $18k. What's everyone's thoughts? I think it has a ton of...
  6. S

Dipstick

Can someone take a pic of the dipstick and post it? I know on my G5, it's hard to read, and I know the GTI uses oil. Thanks.
  7. S

2006 Pkg 2 Autobahn. $17995?

I've found an '06 GTI Pkg 2, with 36k on it. They want $17995, and then I would be rolling over approx $1000. Payment would be around $315-$320. Sound like a good deal? It's VW CPL, so it's under warranty until 74k. Here's the link. Did I mention it's 250 miles away...
  8. S

Looking for a GTI.

I've been wanting a MkV GTI for a year now. With the MkVI's coming out, it's time to pull the trigger. I have a few questions: How much does everyone expect the MkV's to drop when the MkVI's come out? Used or New. Will VW start throwing rebates at the new MkV's left? Can I run 87 octane in...