GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. A

Tornado red GTI, who ever owns a red car!

So... thinking of purchasing a new GTI, but I'm wondering if the paint these days are still the same as in the 90s that the red color will change eventually to white/pink. I have no idea, so i'm asking for your knowledge. Should I just go with some metal color or is red safe choice if you just...
  2. A

Raderwerks mten85s / 80br, opinions!

Buying a new set of wheels within 2 months (when it's time to change back to summer tires). I own a magic black car and really have got stuck with raderwerks wheels and decided to order a set. Now I'm hopping between two different wheels. Really going little bit towards the BR's, but really...
  3. A

RCD300 upgrade

Finally upgraded my player... Poor quality I know, hang in there ;) Current soundsystem on the car: -Pioneer AVH3200BT -Alpine 12'' sub + amplifier -DLS R6.3 3-way set + amplifier Works nicely for daily use. Next purchases in line: KW Coilovers and new set of wheels for the summer ;)
  4. A

REMOVE TOPIC.

Posted on the wrong place...
  5. A

18x8 wheels + Coilovers, who has? Need help.

So... Tried searching to find out how those two would look together, but had no luck. I'm purchasing new set of wheels 18x8 F (ET42) / 18x9 B (ET45) and of course also an KW variante coilovers. Just thinking of what height should I go with for a start? I live in Finland so here is speedbumps...
  6. A

Tire / Wheel question 19x8.5 / 225/35/19.

Getting new set of wheels next summer 19x8.5 with 225/35/19 tires. First of all, how will that work out with KW1 35-65mm ? Currently have a stock suspension / GT package springs 15mm. Haven't decided yet how low to go, but was hoping to get some good advices from here ;) Also wish to get...
  7. A

Rainbow IQ-Line 320.25 question.

Hey, quick question about the set. The original speakers on golf V are pretty bass boosted and recently switched into a 3-way set from DLS and was really disappointed. The sound got 10 times better, but at the same time lost atleast 30-35% of the bass I have in front. What kind of speakers...
  8. A

Question - Lowering and 19x8.5

I was checking out the mkv wheel fitment guide and according to that there shouldn't be any problems, but still wan't to make sure, so if anyone know for sure please take few seconds of your time to post, thanks :) MKV GT Sport 08 ET 45 19x8.5 FRONT AND BACK At the moment I am on stock 15mm...
  9. A

Springs for MKV GT Sport 08, Need opinion.

Purchasing springs for MKV GT Sport 08 and need opinion on HOW LOW. Of course you think what's wrong with him, go as low as you can :D Well I would, but the problem is that I live in Europe, FINLAND. The winter here is a hell... so I really would wish NOT to plow snow with my front bumper...
  10. A

MKV Forum stickers?

I noticed on some photo that someone had an MKV forums sticker on the back window. Where can I get one or was that just an unique one? Thanks.
  11. A

MKV GTS 08 Small Project

Hello! I have been on the forums for awhile now, but never really had anything to post here as a project or an update for my car, but thought that after 2 years maybe it's time. The car I have is MKV GT Sport 08. Every car is a never ending project, but for me my project should be done by...
  12. A

Q: OEM Euro Led tails! 12 hour deadline.

Just purchased those lights and tomorrow I'm taking the car for light install. I tried to read over some old topics, but with my english abilities wasn't so sure about how to deal with them. What do I need for tomorrow to get the lights work properly or are they just "plug & play" ? Wires...
  13. A

Simple question, need anwser to.

Can golf 5 fit wheels with 37 ET leagally? Simple question, if you need any further information about my situation just post. I need the tires / wheels to stay inside the curves and have no contact on the body in any cirumstances.
  14. A

New set of wheels, worried about checkup.

I bought a new set of wheels Tenzo R Type-M V1:s 18x8 ET 45 5x112 + 225/40R18 tires. The car I have this GT Sport 09 with stock lowered 15mm. My question is do these wheels pass the checkup, is there any possibility that they would touch the sideskirt or come out of the curve? Hopefully...
  15. A

Barracuda Voltec T6, tires?

Yep, you heard me. My car hasn't changed in the past year as I planned, but now there is a possibility to spend some cash on the car, so here I am asking for some advice... I don't know how it goes for you guys in the US, but for us in europe there are some limits with tires/wheels and how...
  16. A

Need some help with the front grill...

I am changing a grill to my GT Sport model and I noticed I cannot unattach the chrome VW sign from the original grill. There is a black plastic "obsticle" on top of the VW logo/sign which pretty much blocks the possibility to unattach the sign... If anyone has done this before and know's how...
  17. A

Very simple question I need anwser to.

Where is the preheater on GT Sport model? The manual says it is at the left side of the car in the front, but there's nothing? Is there someway I can remove those front panels under the headlights of the car? F**king wintertime.... nearly -30 celcius degrees here :(
  18. A

Need some advice/opinions/comments on something before I purchase.

Hey! I'm about to buy a brand new set of audio for my car and just incase I have picked out something wrong I decided to come here and try my luck. Car: VW Golf GT 09 Here are the items: -Rainbow IQ-Line 320.25 for the front + original golf speakers on the back. -Rainbow Hurricane 12'' In...
  19. A

New GTS08 & Winter In Finland ;)

Hello! I spend a lot of time on the forums couple months back while I was waiting for my new car to arrive. The car is 122HP TSI and the plan is to get it up to 200 HP, if possible. Thinking of buying an GTI or R32 as my next car when I get more money, any suggestions? There is around 10k...