GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. J

Peloquin LSD Observations

A trip to the sandbox gave me enough cash for an upgrade, so I had a local VW shop throw in Peloquin's LSD. A few caveats: I'm not tracking my car (yet...) but I enjoy spirited driving, so my observations are largely anecdotal (I can't give any hard time comparisons). Also I didn't get to...
  2. J

4 x 18" Huffs in New Hampshire (pics)

Local sale only on this one, please - I don't want to have to ship 'em. Looking for $750 / OBO. Make me an offer, but if you low-ball, I expect a very compelling sob story. I replaced the OEM huffs from my '09 GTI with something lighter and uglier and I'm thinking it is safe to let these...
  3. J

Golf GTI Edition 35 engine details?

So I just read about a Europe-only GTI that VW will have out around June-ish that makes 231 to 235hp, depending on who is writing the story. Anyone heard anything about the engine specifics on this? I'm curious if VW is starting to edge up power output with the TSI, or if this is another FSI...
  4. J

Polished/Ported TSI?

I was reading in another post about polishing/porting to gain power from our 2.0s - has anyone done this? Anyone know what is involved, what the risks are, or what the costs might be? Any info would be great! Thanks! :thumbup:
  5. J

LS Diff opinions and experiences

I'm considering throwing in an LSD before I add more power, and I'm curious what experiences you guys have had. How does a LSD impact steering feel and feedback from the road? How do handling characteristics change? Under hard acceleration in 2nd and 3rd, is there a meaningful reduction in...
  6. J

17" wheel photos to help decide

I'm about to drop my stock 18" Huffs for something lighter, probably OZ's Alleggerita. But I can't figure out if I should go 18" or 17". :iono: Anyone with 17" wheels care to share a photo or two? I've checked out just about every photo I can find on the forums and through Google, and I'm...
  7. J

DYNO - TSI (CBFA) APR Stage 1, Carbonio CAI & Pipe, Tiguan Pipe

I've been running APR Stage 1 for about a year now, and I recently installed Carbonio's Stage 1 & 2 intake bits and removed the noise pipe. I figured I should get a dyno before I go any further (probably should have done one when I started, but I didn't know I'd be going down this road)...
  8. J

Carbonio Stage 1 & 2, Tiguan Pipe Install

Just installed Carbonio Stage 1 and 2 and the Tiguan Pipe all in one go (on APR Stage 1). Took a full afternoon (~ 4 hours) with me and my dad taking our time. Carbonio products were beautiful, though I noticed the stock intake has water drainage and the Stage 1 intake does not - curious to...
  9. J

APR Intercooler with K03 - impact of volume change?

I'm trying to sort out which IC upgrade makes sense if I'm planning to keep the stock K03 on my TSI. Specifically, I'm curious how much greater the APR's IC volume is compared to stock, and if that increase will result in any additional turbo lag from idle or light throttle (since the turbo...
  10. J

Impact of mods on low-end torque / daily driveability

I've been reading about DP and intercooler upgrades, and I want to know what will happen to the responsiveness of my TSI - particularly at the low end (the daily driving end). I'm not racing the car, so squeezing out a few more HP at high RPM doesn't mean as much as having smooth, solid power...
  11. J

Intermittent Buzz at Idle

I have a TSI engine with 2,800 miles and I can hear an intermittent buzz/whine from the engine compartment at idle. It is loud enough for me to easily hear it in the cabin, and loud enough from outside of the vehicle to draw concern from other people. I've only heard it after the engine has...