GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. D

state inspection in SW or Sugar Land, TX

went to get mine done and the guy immediately said that my tint might not pass. he was nice enough to test it before starting anything and it registered 17% in the fronts. this is the first time i've ever had my tint checked. anyone know of a "friendly" shop in the SW or Sugar Land, TX...
  2. D

bad ignition coil - replace ALL or just the bad one?

2008 GTI, 38K miles, REVO Stage 1, stock coils and plugs: got P0301 OBDII code (cyl 1 misfire). swapped the coil w/ cyl 2 and the misfire showed up there so i have a bad coil. do these coils tend to fail 1 after another? i'm wondering if i should just replace all 4 and be done with it?
  3. D

FS: Bildon Race Studs & Spherical Wheel Nuts

used - in good quality. there's some slight surface rust on some parts, but nothing that can't be cleaned up with a wire brush and/or some CLR. please see picture of invoice for exact part numbers and description. all 20 studs and nuts are included. *race studs are either 50mm or 52mm...
  4. D

FS: *NEW* Autotech Clubsport Spring and Shock Kit - MK5/MK6 GTIs

this kit is brand new - never installed. i just opened the box to take pics. the box for the rear springs is still sealed. Fitment (Part#: 10-498-805K): MK5 GTI 2.0T (2006 - 2010) MK6 GTI 2.0T (2010+) i bought this for my '08 GTI, but apparently it fits MK6 GTIs also. Autotech's website...
  5. D

repair shop in San Antonio

looking for a good shop for suspension kit install in san antonio. tia
  6. D

strange vibration - help

08 gti w/ stock wheels and suspension. 14xxx miles just had oem tires replaced with nitto invos at duscount tire. noticed high frequency vibration around 50, getting very noticeable at 60+. i feel it in my feet, seat and steering wheel, whuch has a visible shimmy. the vibration isnt...
  7. D

OEM tires becoming scalloped - noise unbearable

13,xxx miles on OE bridgestone potenza RE050 w/ stock suspension. the alignment is straight and there is no vibration that can be felt at the steering wheel. these tires have always been very noisy, but the problem has gotten much worse recently. i've noticed a loud drumming/humming noise...
  8. D

WTB: REVO SPS+

good condition w/ all accessories
  9. D

REVO Stage 1 Logs

I got my MKV FSI flashed with REVO Stage 1 Wed. The car runs great, but I was curious to see what some values looked like compared to stock. I did some logs yesterday and today. Here are some values from today. I did 2 (labeled A and B) 3rd gear runs back-to-back with only some light...
  10. D

REVO holiday sale?

does anyone know if REVO will be offering a Christmas sale soon, or at all? have they offered one in the past? i've been waiting to get my car flashed but haven't seen any announcements from them or vendors yet.
  11. D

Other components (besides Herts, Focal Rainbow) for front doors w/o modification?

from what i've read, i've only found 3 manufacturers with woofers shallow enough to fit in the front doors w/o mods. but these brands cost $$$$$. i was hoping to spend 300 or less. does anyone know of any other brands that will fit?
  12. D

LED license plate and city lights for $2 + cost of LEDs

license plate: any festoon-type (38x10mm) LED will fit. 37 and 39mm will probably work also since there is a little give in the retaining clip. i played around with some LED's i had and found out that you can add 1 LED w/o any resistors and the both lights will work. however, if you replace...
  13. D

*NEW* Eurojet MKV PCV Correction

brand new, still sealed in plastic. includes everything you'd get from EJ. $70 shipped via USPS (est. delivery is 2-3 days in most cases). retail = $79 shipped via UPS ground. paypal: 1lazysheep@gmail.com
  14. D

Evoms Log

not sure what to think after looking at the logs. i couldn't find any similar logs on here to compare to. i know these things make power (i've seen the dynos), but where does it come from if not extra flow? it was 7 degrees hotter when i logged with the evoms, but that shouldn't make a huge...
  15. D

got some old amps free - they any good?

rockford fosgate punch 600a4 got 2 of these from my bro's old car that was totaled. they supposedly push out a lot more power than they were rated at. anyone with experience with these amps? is there a life expectancy on these? should i sell them i get new ones?
  16. D

please identify rims

i've never seen these before. looks like they were custom made for the concept. bigger pics here
  17. D

S3 + another add-on FMIC too much?

has anyone tried an S3 in addition to another add-on FMIC (forge twincooler, VF, etc)? is this overkill? too much pressure drop?