GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. K

Hit tire, broke splashguard + another part = need part # PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Well over a month ago I hit a piece of a tire on the Interstate that cracked and subsequently destroyed my splash guard. I've been trying to get these part numbers from a friend with ETKA but he never gets around to it and I'm going on a vacation this week and I need this stuff.... I was...
  2. K

WTT: Fallout 3 (PS3) for Euro Switch

I know the thread title is full of ROFL but, yeah -- seriously. I've got like 15 or 20 positive reps on ClubRSX (Previous Type-S) owner and over 250 on eBay w/ 100% positive. I can PM you on CRSX or you can "Ask seller a question" on eBay and I can respond proving it's me. I really want a...
  3. K

Had a good drive

Yesterday my car: - Preformed as expected - Didn't have any weird noises, or problems. - Didn't break down, nor leave me stranded - PCV and DV both held up - Satellite radio didn't lose link - Speakers didn't rattle It was a great day in my GTI. (You NEVER see threads like this. Now you do!)
  4. K

They printed a letter I wrote to Import Tuner ripping the advice guy a new ass

:readthethread: (PS - I'm also a huge Honda fan, in addition to my Accord I've previously owned a fully bolted/professionally tuned 2005 Acura RSX Type-S and a 2007 Honda Fit Sport) First of all, before you read it. Please believe me when I say I didn't mean the last couple of lines. This...
  5. K

Who has popping rear speaker(s) with "premium" audio?

08 GTI, 14XX miles I've noticed at high volumes one of the rear speakers is popping. It doesn't do it at low volume and they all sound clear at low volume so I'm assuming it's not blown but it is annoying to randomly be jamming out and hear POP Who has this problem? I've noticed a couple...
  6. K

Is the door trim suppose to line up?

http://kenton.org/gti/brandnew/DSC_0173.JPG What I'm talking about are the strips on the door and rear quarterpanel that help stop door dings. Are they suppose to line up perfectly? My passenger side (link above) isn't lined up as well as my drivers side but neither of them are perfect. Car...
  7. K

Max speed per gear excel sheet?

Does anyone have one of these for this car? I don't know how to calculate max speed per gear b/c vw's website lists two final drive ratios which confuses me. I'm looking for an excel sheet that you plug in your final drive ratio(s), maximum engine speed (RPM), and individual gear ratios and it...
  8. K

WTB: (1) Denver 17" w/ or w/o factory rubber

I curbed a wheel this weekend. Car only has 650 miles. I need ONE Denver 17" alloy w/ or w/o factory rubber. No scratches, curb rash, just a PERFECT WHEEL. Let me know if yours has rubber (will buy with or without rubber) and your price shipped to 72206
  9. K

Oil change question (about times, not which oil)

I plan to change my oil every 3,000 miles with whatever oil passes VW's specifications. My questions are: - I will NOT have 3,000 miles by the time I own my car 3 months. Should I change at 3 months or wait until I make it to 3,000 miles? - Should I keep the breakin oil in there until 5,000...
  10. K

Where are the 10 speakers?

I found 8 2 in A-pillar 4 in doors (2DR car) 2 in the rear plastic panels for the passenger Where are the last two speakers?
  11. K

Which 10A mini-fuse to tap into for radar detector?

Cliffs: - Used an add a circuit to tap into a 20A fuse for radar. Radar works fine. - Learned that I shouldn't use add a circuit for fuses greater than 10A - Bought mini add-a-circuit so I can tap into a 10A or less fuse Problem: - Manual is wrong when describing fuses. Example, manual...
  12. K

Where did you mount your Valentine 1?

I'm about to hardwire mine but I've discovered a few things - Suction cups won't stick to the "dot matrix" above the RVM (rearview mirror) - Even if they would work (say I put tape or tint over the dot matrix) the V1 doesn't line up and get a good signal from both the front and the back. It's...
  13. K

Which parts of the Interlagos seat is heated?

I have a brand new GTI and it's got the heated interlagos plaid seats. The manual says in "some seats" only the butt part will be warmed instead of both butt+back Does the interlagos heat the butt or the butt+back
  14. K

Boost gauge install

Is there a good writeup on the complete installation? I checked the DIY sticky and the New South installation was more specific to the New South gauge and didn't have many engine pictures. Thanks :biggrin:
  15. K

Would this be an appropriate license plate?

Since I'm putting down the deposit (to hold it for a week, waiting on Dubya's free money) I was thinking about license plates. My previous three cars were Honda's (well, one Acura RSX Type-S -- but the damn thing is a Honda and we all know it) I've been a JDM guy for almost TEN YEARS. This is...
  16. K

Just got an offer from the dealer, good deal?

2008 MKV GTI, UG w/ DSG Transmission - Sunroof - Upgraded audio - Cold weather package - Ipod adapter (don't care, don't own! windows mobile FTW) Their price: $26,3 I offered: $25,0 They accepted. Good deal? I wish I had offered lower LOL Invoice pricing (with options) seems to come out...
  17. K

Any RD hardwire guides?

I'm no NOOB, I meant to put this in the ICE section. SORRY. PLEASE MOVE. I'm around two weeks away from my GTI :word: My first "mod" will be to hardwire my Valentine 1 as I've done with every vehicle I've owned since (owner since 2004 so this is like the 5th car it's gone into -- NEVER ONE...
  18. K

Help educate a Honda fan on buying a GTI

Hello, I'm looking at buying a new GTI anywhere between this weekend and the end of June. My previous vehicles: 1998 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L w/ I/H/E 2005 Acura RSX Type-S w/ CAI/RH/E/KPRO (206whp/150wtq tuned all motor) 2007 Honda Fit Sport (current vehicle) (206whp dyno video...