GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. MMajewski

Contacting H&R about the first version GTI Sport Springs?

Hey guys, I have the 1st version of the H&R Sport Springs on the car, the ones that cause a nice rake stance. They're matched with Koni Yellows and I love the combo, but I heard that it's possible to contact H&R and get a free pair of rear springs from them (the updated versions). Can anybody...
  2. MMajewski

WTB: Passenger Side Underbody Lining

I broke off part of mine and am looking for a new/used intact one. Part no: 1K0 825 202 AF Also, if anybody knows any good/cheap vendors for these, let me know! Thanks!
  3. MMajewski

Question about plastic underbody panel!

Hey guys, I had a pretty unfortunate thing happen to me at SoWo. I scraped the underside of my car, right in front of the rear wheels and this ripped off one of the plastic 'wings' that slope down right in front of where the brake lines are, on the right side of the car. I'm not too annoyed...
  4. MMajewski

Feeler: 2008 United Grey GTI, DSG, 43k miles, great condition, asking $16,500

Hey all, I am slowly starting my quest for a MkIV or MkV .:R32, and was wondering if anybody on here would be interested in my GTI. She has been my baby for the past three years, and I have been very meticulous about maintenance and general care. Details: Currently at just over 43,000 miles...
  5. MMajewski

Trying to find Continental ExtremeContact DWs, help!

Well, my Star Specs are just about done and need to be replaced. I have had my heart set on the Conti DWs for some time, but of course when I actually want to place my order they are on back order on Tire Rack and Discount. I saw them on onlinetires.com and will call them tomorrow to see if...
  6. MMajewski

Rear washer leaking, solution?

Hey guys, My rear washer is leaking from under the nut that secures it, you see can the washer fluid seeping out when you take the plastic cap off. I was wondering what this is caused by (could it just be not using the rear washer often and system pressure accumulating?) and what is a good fix...
  7. MMajewski

First rolling shots, en route to FixxFest

I had my friend driving my car, while I hung out the window and snapped some rollers of the Daytona crew during our cruise to Fixx. Here are the results, other random shenanigans included! http://www.flickr.com/photos/56485238@N03/sets/72157625498260942/ Enjoy, and thanks for looking!
  8. MMajewski

I think I fell in love today, and it's rather sad...

Hey all, I finally had an opportunity to drive a MkIV .:R32 today, my friend let me take his for a spin. It was like an enlightenment. The sound, the ride quality, the power and throttle response, not even mentioning the interior and exterior. It really is mind-blowing, especially for a design...
  9. MMajewski

FS: Stock 2008 GTI Springs

These were taken off at around 18,000 miles, when H&R Sports were put on my car. The stock springs are in great shape and have even been cleaned. Willing to ship, but local pickup (Daytona Beach area) preferred. $50, or $50 plus shipping. These need to go, as I'm moving in early May! Thanks for...
  10. MMajewski

Feeler: stock 2008 GTI springs/WTB Euro Lip

Was wondering if anybody would want stock 2008 GTI springs, looking for around $50, Daytona Beach/Central Florida area. Switched to H&R Sports at about 18,000 miles, so the stock ones are pretty much brand new. I will post pictures if people are interested. I would prefer local pickup, but am...
  11. MMajewski

Touching up a scuffed wheel??

So just over a week ago I slightly scuffed one of my Denvers with a torque wrench after rotating my tires (I'm an idiot for not using a deep socket). Anyway, I now have a circular paint chip that's about 6-7 mm wide, right on the edge of one of the spokes. I was wondering what type of paint and...
  12. MMajewski

Reccommendation - Bert Smith VW, St. Petersburg, FL

Hey all, Just wanted to give this dealership some credit, especially their very friendly service department. I just did my 20,000 mile service their, and I was looking around this forum for the usual price. Bert Smith gave the service for $213, which is one of the best prices I have seen...
  13. MMajewski

Stock strut life with H&R Sports

Hey all, On Sunday we installed H&R Sports on my car (courtesy of Meat) and I've started to wonder about how my stock strut life will be affected. I've gotten several answers from different people about it, so I wanted to get some opinions/facts on here as well. Also, and I know that the...
  14. MMajewski

Florida drivers please HELP!

Hey all, This is a bit of a long story. Back in February I got pulled over on the turnpike. The cop asked me how fast I thought I had been going and I honestly told him 100, he then said he clocked me at 108 (speed limit was 70). So last month I had the mandatory court appearance, and the...
  15. MMajewski

Strange noise after tire rotation...

Hey all, got the 10,000 mile tire rotation done last Saturday, and the car feels normal, no vibration in the steering or anything, but I'm getting a high pitched rhythmic noise, especially at lower speeds. Is it an issue with balance or is it normal due to the tires which were on the back with...
  16. MMajewski

MP3 disc malfunctioning

Hey all, So I finally decided to burn an mp3 disc using Nero, and I just threw about 120 songs all into the main directory of the CD. The songs are playing but they keep skipping and there is a very long pause between tracks. The disc was burned at 4x and it's a Memorex disc, if that makes any...
  17. MMajewski

Ever scared yourself?

Yesterday night a friend and I hit up some windy roads near Inverness with my car. I ended up taking the final left corner, which lead right into a residential area, way too fast. I can't even remember what the exact order was, but I slammed on the brakes and the ABS engaged almost immediately...
  18. MMajewski

How many of you did this?

Hi all, I was at Euro Technik Autosport at Sanford today just checking out the products and services they offer. GREAT PLACE by the way, very cool and knowledgeable people. I was shocked when they told me I could get a free 6-hour Stage I APR demo (I'm stock right now). I was on the verge of...
  19. MMajewski

Vag-Com Interface Issues

Hi all, My friend and I tried to use Vag-Com in order to re-program my lights. He uses an older verion, 409-1, because newer ones don't work with his 2001 A4. So we downloaded 607-3 (same one that was used in the tutorial) and installed it on a flash-drive so he wouldn't lose 409-1. We launched...
  20. MMajewski

GTI + B5 A4 1.8T = goodness

Some random pics of my GTI and my friend's B5 A4 1.8T: The Audi has a Borla catback, Neuspeed reflash, and Evoms intake. We recently ran for the first time, and it was perfectly even from a third gear 40 roll. Props to the Audi! :headbang: -Maciej