GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. K

Automatic Transmissions that work for 2008 Volkswagen Rabbit

Hi there, I have a 2008 Volkswagen Rabbit where several of the gears are not shifting properly, and over-revving at times. I've tried the reset transmission trick that's been popular on these forums, but at this point it's not getting the job the done. The car has 161k miles. I've considering...
  2. K

P0734 - "Gear 4 Incorrect Ratio" Issue on 2008 Volkswagen Rabbit

I have a 2008 Volkswagen Rabbit (automatic transmission), and recently the gear shifting on the car would over-rev and not shift up to the next gear properly, and end up just staying in the same gear without accelerating properly. I would then have to pull over, turn off the engine, wait, and...
  3. K

2008 Volkswagen Rabbit A/C Compressor Replacement Method

Hi there, I wanted to see if anyone had any info or methods to checking if an AC compressor on a 2008 Volkswagen Rabbit is faulty or not. My mechanic said I need a new one, but wanted to see if there was any DIY ways to check myself if I really have to replace it, or if there's another way I...
  4. K

Antifreeze/Coolant Leaking from 2008 Volkswagen Rabbit

What's really weird is so after I checked the car with my friend, I drove it around the block to another street to avoid street sweeping restrictions for the following day. Just now, I went back out to see if I can get a better look at where the leak was coming from, and try to see the hoses...
  5. K

Antifreeze/Coolant Leaking from 2008 Volkswagen Rabbit

Hi everyone, Back in October 2020 I bought a used 2008 Volkswagen Rabbit from my friend, currently has around 150k miles and I've been driving it around like a charm. It came with some issues already (valve oil cover needs to be replaced still, tire rods need to be replaced), but near the...