GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. S

quasi-limp mode?

:help::help::barf::barf::help::help::eyebulge::bellyroll::bellyroll: 06 mkv 2.0fsi. 147k miles. Just had oil changed at dealership. 2 days later, car begins shuddering when applying power at low RPM. This is not full blown limp mode -- I know what that feels like since the time my ignition...
  2. S

CAI dangers?

Ok, so I am very near to purchasing the EVOMS V-flow when i stumble upon some information that tells me that it may cause water to get into my engine and ruin everything. I live in a very humid area, and i am considering revising my intake search for something that will not bring in any water...
  3. S

software updates?

On APR's website, they mention that you have the ability to update...here is what they said, "All APR chip software comes with lifetime free updates." Do they mean that you can buy stage 2, or that software update are downloadable/uploadable into the chip data itself at their locations/shops?
  4. S

FACT or MYTH?

So, i was talking to my local German Import technician, and he was telling me about how much VW DE-tunes these cars before they reach the US due to government standards, and i was curious if anyone had heard this and whether or not it is actually "better" for the engine components to be restored...
  5. S

Let me Run it By

APR stage 1 chip EVOMS V-flow intake those are what i think my do well...if these are no no's please tell me, and also if there are any other basic components i should get along with these, please tell me about those too? also...with these engine mods, should i get a new transmission or can the...
  6. S

Help With Tornado Red

Hey guys, i'm researching some body kits/accessories, but i am having touble finding some side skirts and bumbers that have black on them, could you guys help me out. In my opinion, the extra black with the red would make my car look great. I'm pretty sure i'm going to get a rieger...
  7. S

I Know I Don't Know What I'm Talking About

I am interested in replacing some of the stock parts in my '06 GTI. Here's what i am looking for: 2500$ or less Reliable Performance Parts (Oettinger looked rather nice to me, but an opinion or two would be helpful) Higher Performance Body Modification I open to suggestions and appreciate...